Tangent is looking for a motivated Midweight UX/UI Designer to join their office in London.
Tangent have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and hungry designer with 2+ years commercial experience (ideally in an agency), who’s ready to apply their expertise and craft to our clients website, apps and portals.
We understand you’re likely to have a stronger passion for either UX or UI and that’s fine. But we are looking for an allrounder mentality, a designer who is capable of supporting and advising on both disciplines. Here’s a taster as to the types of things you could be working on:
• Framing the problem – Before we can design the solution we need to understand the problem. You will have the opportunity to support our senior team during customer interviews and stakeholder workshops to uncover and capture users’ needs
• UX, prototyping & testing – From paper to hi-fidelity clickable wireframes, prototyping is how we explore potential solutions. We need you to be a wealth of ideas, proving multiple design solutions we can test and validate
• UI design – We need you to consistently, yet creatively, apply design styles across modules/components. Interaction and animation are important to us, so a passion for motion design would be a plus
• Digital branding – We often work with scaleups to modernise and refresh their digital brand as part of a web or app brief
Desired Skill & Experience:
• 2 years commercial UX/UI design experience (ideally in an agency)
• Proficient in Figma, Sketch and Zeplin
• A portfolio demonstrating how you combine form and function
• Able to collaborate with different creative teams and departments
• Highly organised with excellent time management
• Creative contributor
• Problem solving mentality
• Ecommerce and app design experience ideal, but not essential
• Motion and/or 3D skills considered a bonus
What we give in return:
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
• Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious
• Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow
• Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals
• Social life. Free breakfast, yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues
• Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, enhanced maternity pay, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.
Job Application Link: https://www.tangent.co.uk/careers