Major Tom is looking for a UX/UI Designer to join their team in Toronto.
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Some of our roster of international clients include Ouai Haircare, Roller Rabbit, COBS Bread and Holt Renfrew.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are on the hunt for an Intermediate UX/UI Designer with at least 3 years of experience and proven skills creating websites that are not only user friendly but look the part too. You’ll contribute to uncovering client goals, users wants/needs and a brand’s essence and turn them into detailed sitemaps, stylescapes, wireframes, and accessible interface designs. We’re looking for a left and right brained designer who combines analytical thinking with creative design and storytelling.
As a member of our Creative team, you’ll work closely with a variety of people across the agency, including designers, developers, marketing gurus, and account managers to create thoughtful solutions for our clients’ challenges.
What We’re Looking For:
• 3 years minimum experience in UX/UI, agency experience is an asset
• Portfolio showing both UX and UI work
• Top-notch communication and facilitation skills. You’re comfortable speaking hard truths, championing user needs and providing design rationale to project and client teams, as well as presenting your own work and running in-person or remote sessions
• You epitomize collaboration and have experience working with design, SEO, CRO, and development teams. Knowledge of common web CMS, like WordPress, and their limitations are an asset
• High proficiency with Sketch, Invision, and Google Suite – particularly Sheets and Slides
• Any additional creative skill sets are welcome and interesting (tell us about them!)
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Lead workshops to get to the crux of client needs, while keeping their customers front of mind
• Deliver strategic yet thoughtful information architecture and content activities, collaborating with key teammates as needed such as SEO Strategists
• Collaborate with creative, acting as a champion of accessibility and usability in interface design
• Collaboratively plan and articulate functional requirements with front and back end developers
• Evaluate, test and continually improve our solutions for end users and client teams
• Advocate for users in a full-service digital context, ensuring fantastic web, product, brand, and digital experiences
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
• Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
• Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family
• Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
• A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind
• Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
• Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Major Tom welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should you require accommodations, please let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure that you have a positive experience.
Job Application Link: https://major-tom.breezy.hr/p/6e0631d4d51b-ux-ui-designer/apply