Beyond is looking for a UX Lead to join their office in New York.
Location: New York / USA
Position: UX Lead
Beyond is looking for a UX Lead with mastery of UX to help us create exceptional digital products for some of the world’s most exciting brands. As UX Lead, you’ll manage, and partner with, a multidisciplinary team to find elegant but practical, delightful solutions to design challenges.
Above all, you are passionate about developing beautiful, meaningful, human-centered products that meet both user needs and business goals. You’ll use that passion to exceed client expectations, inspire your coworkers, and help us build our product capabilities.
What you’ll do:
• Manage product leads, creative technologists and other team members to design best-in-class user experiences and clear, systematic information architecture
• Own the design of intuitive experiences that are grounded in, and directly mapped to, business requirements and user needs
• Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
Inform product decisions with user insights, letting real people’s needs guide us to the best possible solutions
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes to show stakeholders what’s possible before we build
• Ensure delivery of high quality UX and UI across multiple initiatives at any given time, providing oversight and guidance while maintaining alignment of the product team
• Define the overall UX strategy and vision for the user experience across multiple client initiatives
• Define Lean UX and UI processes that produce quality, innovation and rapid time to market
• Design and collaborate on user testing and usability research, effectively managing internal and external resources to deliver insights and actionable results
• Help grow our product capabilities by sharing your experience and methodologies with the company and product teams
Who you are:
• You have 7+ years of experience designing for consumer-focused tech and/or agencies
• You have experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies
• You keep up to date with developments in the user experience community and wider digital industry
• Your mastery is in UX, but you have a calling for other areas of the product development process
• You know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches
• Driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics
• You have products in the market that you have designed A/B testing strategies for and you have a deep understanding of analyzing results to define further tests
• You have a real understanding of the intricacies of using A/B testing software such as Google Analytics and Optimizely
• You have written design stories that narrate product successes with clear and concise language with demonstrable skills
• You have a people-focused design mentality, and are constantly looking to improve your design decisions through user feedback
• You are a champion of Lean UX and Agile, but also willing to learn more and improve processes
• You are confident and comfortable presenting to clients and running client workshops
• You have the ability and empathy to mentor and manage others to deliver great work
• You have an online portfolio that is a testimonial for your work and demonstrates your process, from sketches through iteration to launch and beyond
• You could develop a product end-to-end if you had to
• You have light front-end coding skills
What we offer:
Here at Beyond, we work in a fun, fast-paced environment where the user is king and job titles are only a starting point. As thanks for your hard work, we offer a competitive salary, a great health benefits plan, matching 401K, paid parental leave, and loads of other perks. You’ll also get 20 days PTO your first year—and 25 days PTO after that—plus a week off at Christmas and a bonus holiday on your birthday just because.
Job Application Link: https://bynd.com/careers?office=nyc
Beyond is a global design and technology ideas company. They help ambitious companies create market value with design-and technology-based products.
236 W 27th St, 12th Floor NY 10001
+1 347 460 5045