Major Tom is looking for a UX Designer to join their team in Vancouver.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: UX Designer
What We’re Looking For:
We are on the hunt for an Intermediate UX Strategist with at least 3-5 years of experience and proven skills in user research, information architecture and/or content strategy.
You’ll contribute to the research, planning and user testing of web, product, brand and other digital experiences, delivering empathy maps and personas, journey maps, sitemaps, content models, wireframes, and more. We’re looking for a highly collaborative strategist that balances an analytical approach with curiosity and empathy for the humans we design for.
As a member of our Data and Optimization team, you’ll work closely with a variety of people across the agency, including designers, developers, marketing gurus, and account managers to create thoughtful solutions for our clients’ challenges.
What It’s Like To Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients.
We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day. We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, KPMG, and Bulletproof.
More About What We’re Looking For:
• 3 years minimum experience in UX, agency experience is an asset.
• Experience on projects of all sizes, you’re confident selecting the right methodology or activity for the job at hand.
• Top-notch communication and facilitation skills. You’re comfortable speaking hard truths and championing user needs to project and client teams, as well as presenting your own work and running in-person or remote sessions
• You epitomize collaboration and have experience working with design, SEO, CRO, and development teams. Knowledge of common web CMS, like WordPress, and their limitations are an asset
• High proficiency with Sketch, Invision, and Google Suite – particularly Sheets and Slides
• Familiar with common user testing and research tools including surveys, remote testing and interview tools, Google Analytics, heatmap tools like Hotjar and Crazy Egg, as well as content tools such as GatherContent
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Lead workshops to get to the crux of client needs, while keeping their customers front of mind
• Plan, conduct, synthesize and share actionable user research and testing
• Deliver strategic yet thoughtful information architecture and content activities, collaborating with key teammates as needed such as SEO Strategists
• Collaborate with creative, acting as a champion of accessibility and usability in interface design
• Collaboratively plan and articulate functional requirements with front and back end developers
• Evaluate, test and continually improve our solutions for end users and client teams
• Advocate for users in a full-service digital context, ensuring fantastic web, product, brand, and digital experiences
Job Application Link: https://majortom.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=103
Major Tom is a full-service digital agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape.
548 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2L3
+1 (604) 262-9647