HS2 Solutions is looking for a UX Designer in Chicago!
Location:Chicago / USA
We are currently looking for an experienced UX Designer, who has a passion for discovering the “why” people do what they do. They will serve as a leader who enjoys consulting and storytelling. Good candidates are able to devise clear interaction strategies in sync with business and user goals, develop navigation and site structure, organize content, and advocate for the end user. The best candidate will be creative, highly detailed, demonstrate the ability to help define and solve complex user interface problems, and work in a fast-paced environment for multiple clients.
- Partner with the UX Practice Lead to grow and develop our user experience practice by doing great work and delivering value to our clients
- Produce UX deliverables: site maps, wireframes, user personas, user journeys, process flows, copy decks, etc.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and conduct stakeholder interviews to elicit business requirements from our clients, addressing product, brand, marketing, content and overall user experience
- Collaborate in design sessions with the client, creative designers, technical developers, and project managers to generate superb design work and happy clients
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in support of an Agile development methodology and process
- Lead and facilitate usability sessions, contextual inquiries, task analysis, analytic reviews and heuristic evaluations
- Build strong relationships with account management peers, development and other critical partners to establish and deliver on the business and customer requirements that enhance our client’s digital experiences and products
- Work with other team members to successfully translate business objectives into innovative and best-in-class, customer-centric solutions
- Help champion usability standards and user experience/human-centered design for the most intuitive and delightful application experience
- Contribute to the internal development of UI/UX processes, deliverables and standards
- Stay abreast of innovations in UX best practices, tools and topics of interest to the UI/UX community and help to infuse them back into the organization
- Contribute to our culture and atmosphere, quality of work and growth into the next generation of user experience design
- BS/BA in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience with user-centered design methodology and at least 1-2 years of mobile and/or application design experience
- Worked in depth with design and presentation software, specifically: Omnigraffle, Axure, Adobe Suite, and Microsoft Office products (Visio)
- Created wireframes, sitemaps, navigation flows, user journeys, process flows, interaction design, and specs
- Strong human factors, information architecture, and human-centered design background
- Understand responsive design and have the ability to work in tandem with the creative design team
- Deep experience streamlining the production of design deliverables to support an Agile methodology including developing processes, workflows, and templates
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to achieve desired outcomes and build strong alliances and relationships
- Excellent listener with a passion for user experience
- A conversationalist with excellent interviewing, ethnography, and field research skills
- Ability to question assumptions and establish a new normal for mobile web platform and tools design and to remain up-to-speed on interaction design trends and patterns
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously is a must (Consulting experience is a plus)
How to Apply
Please reference DAN in your application when applying.
HS2 Solutions’ mission is to seamlessly integrate design, engineering, and digital marketing to deliver innovative yet pragmatic solutions across web, mobile, and any other digital touch point. They hire the brightest professionals to help brands envision and optimize their digital experience.
4115 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60613