User Experience Strategist
Engine Digital is looking for a User Experience Strategist to join their New York office.
Employer: Engine Digital
Location: New York / USA
Position:UX Strategist (Intermediate)
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
About the role
As an Intermediate UX Strategist, you’ll support the research, planning, and design of web and mobile UI systems, producing various forms of deliverables including personas, schematics, wireframes, and prototypes. You will help facilitate workshops with users, clients, and the agency team, helping to identify innovative solutions that challenge the status quo. This is an immersive role, supporting the design of platforms, and products from ideation through deployment.
• Know when and why UX deliverables such as Generative and Formative Research, User Journeys, Wireframes, Site Maps and Content Matrices are required and when a lighter, leaner approach is warranted
• Facilitate strategy and ideation sessions to bring together the perspectives of the product owner and SME’s while keeping the needs of the customer at the center
• Create and present UX deliverables internally and externally
• Partner with other team members to steer the user experience vision
• Form a clear and insightful understanding of our clients’ business, their needs, and the creative opportunities and challenges that exist in their categories
• Work collaboratively with practice leads and senior members of the design team to generate thoughtful, innovative, and relevant creative strategies across a broad range of media channels
• 3-5 years experience in UX or IA both leading projects and working within a team dynamic
• Experience planning, prototyping, and designing for web, mobile/tablet, SaaS products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences
• High level of experience in UI design patterns and grids for web, mobile web, iOS, and Android
• Proficient with UX principles and concepts including User-Centered Design and Design Thinking
• Excellent knowledge of usability, accessibility, and industry standards
• Experience working within a design team and mentoring colleagues
• Familiarity with analytics platforms such as GA, Hotjar, Crazy Egg, Mixpanel, and Tableau
• High level of proficiency with Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Adobe CS, and Keynote
• Ability to communicate, listen, present, and sell through ideas internally and to clients
• Degree in UX, HCI, design, communication, or CS preferred
• Candidates should be a resident of New York City or willing to relocate
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
• A welcome kit, a brand new MacBook, and all the tools you need on day one
• Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, Udemy, and One Month to help you expand your skills
• Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
• Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday lunches
• Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
• Health, dental, and vision coverage
• Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
• An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
• Focused yet casual work environment in SoHo near many major subway lines
How to Apply
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a blog or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Engine Digital is a Vancouver and New York City based digital consultancy focused on improving the way organizations engage with users across digital channels.
560 Broadway #403 New York, NY 10012