Groove Jones is looking for a Unity Developer to join their team in Dallas.
Groove Jones is looking for a contract Unity Developer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and developing our immersive (AR / VR) experiences. You will be expected to maneuver complex technical challenges in a fast paced creative environment. You will get the opportunity to work on ‘never been done’ experiences with industry leaders at an award winning studio!
• 3+ years of Unity Development experience
• Experience creating VR/AR applications or experiences using Unity
• Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to detail
• Experience programming using C#
• Professional experience building 3D games or applications
• Ability to communicate and work remotely
• Experience with optimization in cross-platform development
• Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
• You can debug sophisticated projects built on Unity
• Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
• Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, reliable, and optimized code
• Ability to work well under pressure with short deadlines
• Ability to work with various departments to resolve issues
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field
• Experience with ARKit / ARCore
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Experience working in a multi-person game studio
• Experience building shaders
• Experience building native plugins in Unity or other game engines
• Experience with Cloud Based Development
• Work with designers, artists, programmers, and management to execute VR and AR software projects for clients
• Use C# and Unity to implement features such as gameplay interactions, environments, FX, animations, user interface and more
• Understand different styles of game play mechanics and how to implement them to create a fun and exciting experience
• Learn, research and test hypotheses to solve development problems
• Vet and integrate other technical libraries, SDKs or APIs to create a better product (Example: adding and using ARCore or ARKit SDK for mobile AR development)
• Strong communication with team members to be able to expand on User Stories/Features and estimate time to complete them
• Document your findings to guide developers through the best practices
About Groove Jones Culture:
Groove Jones is more than just a creative and technology studio. Founded in 2015, Groove Jones is an award-winning studio where accomplished artists and engineers leverage preeminent technology to produce extraordinary creative solutions. If you want to be part of a team whose work is talked about, recognized by their industry peers, and wins awards then this is your place.
Throughout our history, we have maintained the singular vision to inspire, engage and entertain by bringing imagination to life. This compels us to push the boundaries of ingenuity while valuing a reliable production process geared toward creative thinking and innovation.
Our 15,000 square foot studio is located near the heart of Dallas’ cultural and music-centric district, Deep Ellum and the Art Deco inspired Fair Park. People love our home. If you walk the halls of our office you will find both dogs and cats, living together in harmony. We are a single interdisciplinary team of artists, technologists, industrial designers, brand strategists, graphic designers, usability experts, interior designers, content creators, engineers, fabricators, and project managers. Our fridge is stocked with premium drinks and our kitchen always has a changing stock of snacks and sweets for everyone to enjoy.
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the majority of our team are working remotely. We have accommodated our office in line with social distancing best practices and have a process in place should any of the team have a need to work from the office.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Application Link: https://www.linkedin.com/company/groovejones/jobs/