Ridgeway is looking for a UI Developer to join their office in Oxford.
Location: Oxford / UK
Position: UI Developer
We are seeking a highly talented UI Developer to join our User Experience Team. You will have a detailed understanding of modern web technologies, a fastidious eye for detail and a desire to craft refined, well optimised code. If you thrive when working in a collaborative and open environment alongside industry experts then this is the role for you.
Working within Ridgeway’s User Experience Team, you will be responsible for building the UI experiences for a variety of well-known brands. The role will require you to work on projects which vary in size from a few days to several months and will involve working through the entire lifecycle of web application development.
You will be expected to maintain the high development quality that we aspire to with every project, have a passion for driving technology forward, be organised, self-motivated and ambitious, and have an ability to manage your own time and workload.
• UI development of web products for numerous brands across a variety of sectors
• Accurately translate designs into fully responsive, pixel-perfect websites
• Assist project teams with scoping, requirements capture and time estimates
• Collaborate with back-end developers to implement solutions and troubleshoot issues
• Assist with the preparation of functional and technical specification documents
• Contribute towards processes, procedures, and technical approaches for the UI team
• Provide solution support and communicate directly with clients when required
• 25 – 30 days annual holiday (+ public holidays)
• Contributory company pension scheme
• Ride To Work scheme and gym discounts
• A variety of challenging projects from a range of impressive clients
• Flexible and remote working to suit your needs
• Sonos in each room and shared Spotify playlist
• Excellent location with Witney town centre and the Cotswold countryside on the doorstep
• Scope to attend industry events including Kentico Connection, jQuery UK, Smashing, etc
• Break out area complete with Xbox, Wii, comfy sofa and TV
• Regular cake, fresh fruit, good coffee and beer on Fridays!
Essential skills & experience:
• Portfolio of development work which demonstrates your experience
• Experience with CSS pre-processors (Sass)
• Experience with front-end build tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Rollup)
• Good knowledge of source control (Git)
• Comfortable using the terminal/command line
• Solid understanding of performance and optimisation best practices
• A healthy obsession for writing clean, semantic, performant code
Desirable skills & experience:
• Digital agency experience is desired
• An understanding of UX and design principles would be beneficial, with experience with design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Good knowledge of accessibility standards and SEO best practices
• Experience working with pattern libraries
• Ability to craft creative animations, transitions, and interactions
• Experience working with content management systems
Job Application Link: https://www.ridgeway.com/careers/ui-developer