Software Engineer (PHP)
Tangent is looking for a Software Engineer (PHP) to join their office in Newcastle.
Location: Newcastle / UK
Position: Software Engineer (PHP)
Tangent is a London/Newcastle based digital agency working in partnership with a wide range of global brands including Carlsberg, Sky, The Labour Party, Nails Inc, Freesat and Centrepoint.
At Tangent, we understand that customers’ expectations continually increase and when it comes to digital, today’s WOW is tomorrow’s ordinary.
That’s why we believe in creating digital products and experiences that meet great expectations.
We are looking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join our in-house technical team.
Working on one of our key client accounts you will help support and develop a wide range of applications written in a variety of languages including Java, PHP and Python. You will use up to date techniques and market leading technology to ensure our platforms provide high levels of availability and stability.
Experience with Docker would be beneficial but a proficiency in using Linux is essential. Knowledge of cloud services including AWS and Kubernetes is also desirable.
• Excellent OOP, PHP5/7 and MySQL skills
• Experience with at least one MVC framework (Symfony/Zend/Laravel
• Strong debugging skills
• Comfortable with Linux command line J
• Experience in gathering requirements and estimating projects
• Version control with Git
• Experience with frontend frameworks (VueJS/React)
• Understanding of cloud services
• Experience with automated/continuous deployment
What to expect:
• Fast paced and exciting culture
• Modern working environment in the heart of the city centre
• Cycle to work scheme and discount travel cards
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Regular social events and payday perks
• Flexible working
• Competitive salary
How to apply:
Please drop us your CV over email or contact us on +44 (0)191 9081681 if you’d like to apply.
Job Application Link: https://www.tangent.co.uk/careers/software-engineer-php