Zesty is looking for a Software Developer to join their office in Belfast.
We are: Simply Zesty is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Simply Zesty is an award winning digital strategy, design and development agency with over 22 years’ experience gained across 2000+ digital projects.
NET Developer: To be responsible for the development of internal and external customer-driven applications, including CMS configuration and development, business logic handling, back-end database integration and API integrations.
Day to day you will:
• Analysis of customer requirements (including direct contact meetings) and assisting with project budgeting and scheduling
• Liaison with teams/individuals (e.g. designers, account manager) to develop and refine high-level design concepts
• Application design including data flows, core logic and back-end database integration
• Configuration of Kentico CMS, implementation of widgets, page templates and page types etc
• Implementation of application logic and back-end database structures
• Providing and consuming webservices and other software integration logic
• Work with presentation layer (e.g. HTML/CSS/JS front-end),
• Maintenance and evaluation of changes to existing applications (both in-house and 3rd party developments)
• Working as a team player as part of a small development team at all levels, including taking on the role of project leader and being responsible for individual level projects
• Adhering to in-house standards on coding style e.g. annotation/indentation, naming conventions, processes and aiding the further development of the above, as well as formal standards such as WCAG accessibility and W3C best practices for HTML/CSS
What we’re looking for from you:
• Previous experience in producing compliant and accessible websites
• Previous experience with at least one “off-the-shelf” CMS platform. Specifically, experience of Kentico CMS would be a distinct advantage
• Proven experience of project management fundamentals would be an advantage
• Some experience with other languages and frameworks such as php etc would be desirable
• Able to work with administration and customer support to identify issues and formulate solutions to automated processes
• Able to work effectively and efficiently in an agency environment, including working to a deadline and across multiple projects simultaneously
• Preferred skills/experience of: SQL Server, Visual Studio, IIS, Office and other Microsoft software
What’s in it for you:
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be. In addition we are a relatively small, collaborative and very social team.
For the right person, this job represents an exciting opportunity to join a successful company and be a key player in steering its future development; to take on more responsibilities without moving away from practical IT work; and to pass on your knowledge and experience to others while also continuing to progress your own technical skills.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse and team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply for this position please email your CV to [email protected]
Please note applications for this role are due by 5pm on Friday 6th December.
Job Application Link: https://www.simplyzesty.com/careers/software-developer-4/