Shopify Plus Solutions Engineer
iamota is looking for a Shopify Plus solutions engineer with back-end web development expertise to join their office in Vancouver.
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: Shopify Plus Solutions Engineer
We’re looking for a Shopify Plus solutions engineer with back-end web development expertise to join our growing e-commerce agency team in Vancouver. You’ll be part of a cross-functional client focused team solutioning and programming the back-end for enterprise level e-commerce and marketing solutions.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for identifying, solutioning, architecting and communicating technical challenges and requirements. You’ll work closely with clients, Shopify app and integration partners, and a team of strategists, designers, and developers to produce e-commerce experiences that are user-focused, well-documented, performant, fully-tested, and written with reuse and maintainability in mind.
What You’ll Do What:
Solutions Engineering / Architecture
• Technical lead on e-commerce and marketing projects with complex functionality and integrations with Shopify Plus and WordPress
• Work directly with clients and vendors to identify technical requirements
• Support in the architecture, development and delivery of solutions that meet business requirements of e-commerce merchants
• Identify tech requirements and integrate solutions across multiple platforms including: accounting, tax, ERP, CRM, email, order and inventory management, store locators, payment gateways, loyalty, subscription management and more
• Define back-end solutions that meet the project needs
• Document technical requirements in client-facing statements of work
• Estimate costs for solutions, including back-end development and integrations
• Identify budget considerations and recommend areas for prioritization
• Implement back-end code, vendor integrations, and app/plugin development for Shopify Plus and WordPress projects.
• Write performance-oriented code that is secure, clean, and built specifically with reuse in mind.
• Extend iamota’s existing WordPress-based framework (powered by Laravel-like object-oriented code and heavily component-driven MVC) and assist in migrating parallel technology to Shopify Plus.
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional front-end development and UX teams.
• Perform content and data migrations to Shopify Plus and WordPress.
• Execute other development tasks as defined from time to time (e.g. jump-in to front-end development or QA).
AWS Sys Admin (Optional)
• Maintain and improve iamota’s cloud-based AWS multi-server infrastructure
• Enhance security and firewall configuration for server architecture
• Migrate AWS OpsWorks Chef scripts from Chef 11 to Chef 12
• Tune performance for servers (including Nginx and PHP) and OpsWorks deployments
Who we’re looking for:
• You enjoy back-end work and want to solution for complex e-commerce challenges
• Have a degree in computer science, diploma from a technical college in web development, or related work experience (2+ years)
• Have a solid understanding of modern back-end development techniques (e.g. Object Oriented Programming and fluent interfaces)
• Have expert level proficiency in PHP and WordPress
• Have strong proficiency in Shopify Plus App development, integrations and theming
• Experience solutioning, architecting, gathering tech requirements and producing related documentation for large scale e-commerce solutions
• Understanding of component-based or “atomic design” principles
• Experienced with MVC, including templating languages (Twig, Liquid, or similar)
• Can comfortably use and configure the CMS for projects you develop (WordPress, Shopify, or similar)
• Up to date on current and future back-end web development technologies, specifications, and frameworks
• Experienced with agile working sprints and daily project stand-ups
• You enjoy peer-reviews and can clearly explain your technical choices
• Able to strategize rapidly and are comfortable presenting your knowledge and ideas to others
• Skilled at negotiating an “ideal solution” that finds compromises between requirements, budget, user experience, and best practices
• Excellent oral communication skills in meetings/calls when gathering requirements or presenting solutions (often independently)
• Excellent written communication skills via email, Slack, or technical writing of project specifications
• Take ownership of your work with a focus to deliver it on time, while being proactive in flagging any blockers that may slow you down
• You openly share your passion for development in both your coding ability and personality – we love a good “lunch & learn.”
• Proficient in configuring linters & code standardizers in your IDE of choice (most of us use Sublime Text)
• Familiar with basic terminal commands and script tools (Git, NPM, Grunt, Webpack, or similar)
• Experience with project tracking tools as a core part of your workflow (Trello, JIRA, or similar)
• Passionate about design, user experience, quality assurance, accessibility, performance, servers, or other related fields.
• Regularly attend or have given a talk to local meetups.
Perks at IAMOTA:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off.
As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by memes, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments and beer Fridays, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How To Apply:
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email email@example.com including:
A cover letter, including reference to a recent technical accomplishment you take pride in
Link to your portfolio, relevant code samples and/or your Git repository
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.
NOTE: This position is a full-time in-house role in Vancouver, BC. We are not considering contract, remote or outside candidates.
Job Application Link: https://www.iamota.com/careers/shopify-plus-solutions-engineer-back-end-developer/