Major Tom is looking for an experienced SEO Strategist to join their office in Vancouver.
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Holt Renfrew, Orkin, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are on the lookout for an experienced SEO Strategist. We will be looking for some show & tell where you dazzle us with campaigns that you have created and executed, with some impressive results to back it up. We are also looking for people who can track these campaigns in Google Analytics, or other analytics tools.
The SEO Strategist includes working with Major Tom Account Managers (AMs) who manage a portfolio of clients. While the AMs are in a more client facing role, Strategists work on the creation and execution of campaigns within the client team. Strategists are brought into projects to provide expertise within their specialization.
What We’re Looking For:
• 2-3 years working on successful SEO campaigns, preferably in an agency environment
• In-depth knowledge of search engine optimization and be up-to-date on all the latest tactics
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Extensive experience working with Google products including Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Search Console and Data Studio
• Analytical mindset (you really enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting!)
• Ability to provide insights and strategic recommendations to achieve project objectives
• Be familiar with industry tools such as MOZ, SEMrush, and Screaming Frog
Not deal-breakers, but assets:
• Off-page SEO knowledge and experience
• Experience with SEO copywriting
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Conduct keyword research
• Research SEO itself – keep up with the latest trends
• Create SEO strategy documents and reports
• Conduct technical SEO audits and content audits
• Make usability and conversion optimization recommendations
• Develop SEO content strategy
• Make proactive recommendations for monthly clients
• Help clients increase visibility in search and increase traffic and conversions from organic search through on-page and off-page efforts
• Support AMs on all things SEO
• Execute/lead website migration projects
• Attend internal strategy meetings and client meetings
• Be a valuable part of website launch projects from the planning stage through to launch
• Report on SEO specific KPIs and metrics
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
• Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work.
• Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
• Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account, so you can take care of yourself and your family
• Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
• A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind.
• Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
• Access to internal committees led by subject matter experts that are designed to tackle plans or solve problems. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Application Link: https://www.majortom.com/career/#careers