Major Tom is looking for an SEO Strategist in Toronto.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Toronto / Canada
Position: SEO Strategist
What We’re Looking For:
Are you a lover of all things digital – especially search engine optimization? Are you looking for a company that also lives and breathes everything online? At Major Tom, we dig digital and are anchored by 17 years experience coupled with early adopter obsession and a tireless thirst to stay ahead of the pixel pack. If your calling is to strategize and manage world class search engine optimization campaigns have we got a compelling read for you (by job posting standards at least).
We are on the hunt for an SEO Strategist. Candidates should have 1-2 years of professional experience managing successful search engine optimization campaigns. We will be looking for some show & tell where you dazzle us with campaigns that you have created and executed, with some impressive results to back it up. We are also looking for people who can track these campaigns in Google Analytics, or other analytics tools.
The SEO Strategist position includes working with Major Tom Account Managers (AMs) who manage a portfolio of clients. While the AMs are in a more client facing role, Strategists work on the creation and execution of campaigns within the client team. Strategists are brought into projects to provide expertise within their specialization.
What it’s Like to Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients. We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heros bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day.
We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, KPMG, and Bulletproof.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Conduct keyword research
• Research SEO itself – keep up with the latest trends
• Create SEO strategy documents and reports
• Conduct technical SEO audits and content audits
• Make usability and conversion optimization recommendations
• Make proactive recommendations for monthly clients
• Help clients increase visibility in search and increase traffic and conversions from organic search through on-page and off-page efforts
• Support AMs on all things SEO
• Attend internal strategy meetings and some client meetings
Be a valuable part of website launch projects from the planning stage through to launch
More About What We’re Looking For:
• 1-2 years working on successful SEO campaigns, preferably in an agency environment
• In-depth knowledge of search engine optimization and be up-to-date on all the latest tactics
• Strong English communication skills (written and verbal)
• Extensive experience working with Google products including Analytics and Search Console
• Analytical mindset–must enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting
• Ability to provide insights and strategic recommendations to achieve project objectives
• Be familiar with industry tools such as MOZ, SEMrush, Screaming Frog and GT Metrix
• Degree or Diploma or equivalent work experience
Job Application Link: https://majortom.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=59