Senior UI Designer
HS2 Solutions is looking for a Senior UI Designer in Chicago!
Location:Chicago / USA
Position:Senior UI Designer
The HS2 Solutions Senior Interactive Designer leads the creative strategy, conception, and execution of digital media (websites, mobile applications, social media assets, email templates, etc.) for a wide variety of clients. The ideal candidate must be able to design, develop, or enhance existing graphic/identity branding that meets marketing objectives, integrates customer usability best practices, and address client brand standards.
This position works closely with User Experience Designers, Front- and Back-End Developers, Content Specialists, internal Project Managers, and external client leads. The Senior UI Designer must be customer-service oriented and work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Create high-fidelity mood boards, style tiles, compositions, and digital style guides
- Produce meticulous, beautiful user interface designs that take into account client brand guidelines and specifications (websites, mobile applications, email, etc.)
- Present design decisions to the internal and client teams and iterate and implement feedback
- Work in tandem with multiple UX designers and developers to ensure all functionality and design is meeting client and internal expectations
- Participate in regular design critiques to keep design skills sharp
- Create clean and professional presentation decks for client review
- Juggle multiple projects and clients simultaneously
- Prototype complex interactions with high standards of usability in mind
- 6-8 years of experience in a design-related position
- B.A. in graphic design, visual communication, or other design-related field
- Impeccable understanding of typography, layout, color, and all other elements of design
- Adobe design tools, including Photoshop and Illustrator, Experience with Sketch, InVision and Agile methodologies
- Above average experience with responsive web design techniques
- Experience designing around data sets and reusable components/patterns
- Scopes time and effort involved in design projects, serves as a strategic UI design resource, and writes select components of visual design strategy documentation
- Leads and executes all visual design stages from concept to hand-off and is able to present and defend designs to peers and executive-level stakeholders. Always seeks input from engineering and implementation team to validate and ensure that the design vision is executable.
- Serves as a resident expert of digital tools and is skilled in developing digital design concepts. Is well-versed with web technology, usability, and core development tools; understands web design constraints, including a strong understanding of designing for a CMS.
How to Apply
Please reference DAN in your application when applying.
HS2 Solutions’ mission is to seamlessly integrate design, engineering, and digital marketing to deliver innovative yet pragmatic solutions across web, mobile, and any other digital touch point. They hire the brightest professionals to help brands envision and optimize their digital experience.
4115 N Ravenswood Ave, Chicago, IL 60613