Senior Software Engineer
Off Madison Ave is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their office in Phoenix.
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Posted: 24 September 2020
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer!
The successful candidate must be highly motivated to help push our products forward; and have the ability to function well in a fast paced and dynamic organization. This developer would be responsible for assisting in designing, developing and implementing new features, and maintaining existing functionality in NodeJS, Front end (Angular, AngularJS or React), Apple Swift, Android Java/Kotlin and Flutter/Dart.
This position has no direct reports.
• Assist in Design, implementation, and documentation of new software components. Improve existing software
• Work with other departments to understand requirements and contribute to enhancement of products
• Ensure high testability and quality of the delivered software
• 5+ years of development experience
• CS Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
• Development of server-side applications in NodeJS/Express
• Apple Swift 4+
• Java for Android SDK
• Working knowledge of the Linux/Unix CLI
• Git Source Control and GitHub
• Experience with Agile or Scrum development methodologies and software (Jira)
• Must possess excellent time management skills
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be comfortable with taking direction from senior-level developers
• Must be adept at independent problem-solving but also know when to ask for assistance from peers
• Must be able to work in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
• Must be comfortable working with remote team members and communicating via Slack, video conferencing, etc.
Additional skills or background we would be thrilled if you had:
• Kotlin for Android SDK
• Angular, AngularJS, React, GatsbyJS
• Experience with SQL (MySQL, Postgres or SQL Server)
• Experience with MongoDB and companion ORMs (Mongoose)
• Development with BookshelfJS ORM or equivalent
• Experience with test-driven development (Mocha, Chai)
• Experience with Continuous Integration (Travis, Codeship)
• Twitter Bootstrap
• Redis Server
• Amazon Web Services
• Grunt or Gulp
• Ability to work both independently managing multiple projects, as well as collaboratively working with staff of other functions areas to achieve common goals
• Ability to drive results in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to identify and proactively solve problems
• Ability to thrive in a client-focused environment
• Respectful Collaboration
• Entrepreneurial Spirit
• Positive Mindset
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time per day; use hands repetitively for computer work; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to a heated and/or air conditioned office environment with adequate ventilation. The noise level in the primary work environment is usually moderate, and typical of noises occurring in an office setting.
Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, send an email to [email protected], and don’t forget to attach your resumé!
Job Application Link: https://www.offmadisonave.com/careers-1