Senior Java Software Engineer
Y Media Labs is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join their office in San Francisco.
Position: Senior Java Software Engineer
Posted: 11 November 2020
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world. Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley.
• Portfolio of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
• Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
• Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
Working in collaboration with our engineering, design and product teams, you will test software that solves real-world problems. Success is achieved by passionately advocating for technical excellence, software quality, and process/organizational improvements. Through your leadership and mentorship, you will serve as a role model for your team; guiding them to success, milestone after milestone.
• 10+ years of overall software development experience
• Strong J2EE development skills with latest JDK (but doesn’t mind using older versions as needed)
• Expertise in API and microservices development with SpringBoot
• Practical knowledge of applying design patterns
• Understanding of scalability in developing services
• Experience working with a good CI/CD pipeline
• Unit testing frameworks
• Security models in API development
• Understands architecting for containerized deployment
• SQL/NoSql database skills
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge of integration frameworks, such as Camel, Mulesoft
• Application Security
• Medical domain familiarity
• Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
• Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
• Honesty — Honesty and Integrity are key values for you personally, and you bring them to the workplace every day
• Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/careers