Senior Graphic Designer
Honest Agency is looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join their team in Winnipeg.
Position: Senior Graphic Designer
Posted: 18 March 2021
The Senior Graphic Designer (SGD) creates visual concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate consumers based on a client creative brief or scope. The SGD develops the overall layout and design for online and print advertisements, logos and brands, as well as brochures, corporate reports, and social media from conception to completion with minimal guidance and direction from the AD. The Senior Graphic Designer (SGD) will take a lead role in design, at overseeing Junior Graphic Designers, as well as a more active role in liaising with suppliers, considering marketing strategies, preparing estimates and/or quotes.
The IGD has a specialized understanding of production techniques and processes. The SGD can prepare and should make digital files and recommendations for online marketing as well as website design. Informed by current trends the SGD is proficient in industry software, best practices and participates/understands social media networks.
The SGD has the ability to balance creative problem solving with analytical thinking while being detail-oriented. Working closing with the AD and creative team, the SGD is collaborative and thoughtful. The SGD is the time management master, working with multiple timelines and projects but still produces outstanding creative work, on time and on budget.
In this role, the SGD insures that the they provide:
• Creative, insightful, innovative, on-budget design solutions and experiences
• Integration of all areas of communication, branding and digital media
• Strategic recommendations and proposals
• A consistently superior creative product
The role is an internal but at times external facing and has scope for career development and enhancing skills across a range of disciplines.
• Current, relevant portfolio reflecting work across brand development, print and web
• 2 or 3-year Design Diploma from Red River or other accredited post secondary institution
• 5+ years of relevant design experience
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
• Deliver outstanding creative thinking, problem solving and design skills
• Collaborate with creative and account services team members on concept and execution
• Strong oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to communicate thought process, rationale and creative insights
• Decisive decision making, efficient time management and dedicated to producing thoughtful yet unique creative
• Self-motivated and willing to expand knowledge base
• An active member in the design community
• Flexible and able to respond to the changing demands of clients, AD and client services
• General knowledge in web design including responsive and app generation
• Ability to self-manage while assisting assigned teams and projects
The SGDs position requires ongoing and interactions with the following:
Internal: The SGD reports to the AD. As assigned, the SGD creates integrated, thoughtful and creative solutions for client accounts. Within the agency, the SGD works with all agency personnel in developing and executing deliverables.
External: The SGD has some client contact and may present at client meetings under the guidance of the AD. Must be able to present creative concepts clearly while representing Honest professionally.
Job Application Email Address: [email protected]