Senior Experience Designer
Pancentric Digital is looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join their office.
Employer: Pancentric Digital
Location: London / UK
Position: Senior Experience Designer
Our experience design team needs a champion. Someone who is committed to human centred design, with ideas and experience of how best to plan, communicate, train, and deliver impact through the discipline.
We’re looking for someone whose decision making is driven by human behaviour, but balanced by pragmatism. Striving to deliver the optimal experience for all stakeholders, within a commercially viable budget and timeframe. As a small team, we’re hunting for someone who is comfortable both planning and presenting the experience strategy, and getting stuck into executing it. This means someone who can command a room of clients, engage research participants, mentor and nurture others, and fully participate in agile delivery teams.
The design discipline is ever changing, and as a result, the design team are playing an increasingly influential role within the company’s direction. So this is a great time to join, evolve and make your mark on the way we do things, and the impact that we have.
You will report to our Design Director, who heads up the design department for Pancentric.
- Ability to understand and balance customer needs with business requirements
- Strong verbal communication skills, with ample presentation and facilitation experience
- Confidently plan and estimate projects, from an experience design perspective
- Commitment and experience in conducting research as an integral part of every design process
- Interpretative/analytical skills for insight driven research analysis
- Approach experience design through task analysis, with a consideration for content strategy
- Execute well considered UX design with clear justification of design decisions
- Take a pragmatic approach to the fidelity of your design deliverables, using techniques and tools that are appropriate for communicating the concept within the budget. From quick sketches and paper prototypes, to high fidelity wireframes built into fully navigational prototypes
- Experience and commitment to working closely with developers to collaborate on designing interactions that optimise the user experience
- Experience working on large-scale Agile projects
- A desire to nurture others, and grow their understanding and capabilities
- 5 years+ in experience design, ideally on agency side
- 22 days holiday per year + office closure between Christmas and New Year (normally 3 additional days)
- Birthday day-off
- Discretionary leave early Fridays
- Flexi time around core hours
- Training budget and plan
- Pension scheme with matching company contributions
- Season travel ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Complimentary fruit, soft drinks, coffee and teas (the standard, plus some fancy ones)
- Fully stocked beer fridge available every day (from 5pm!) offering wine, prosecco and some of the best craft beers from Scotland to California (we also make our own!)
Pancentric is a strategic digital agency that uses design thinking to drive service design, innovation and digital delivery.
Studio One, 197 Long Lane, London, SE1 4PD
020 7099 6370