Radish Lab is looking for a Senior Designer with the experience, confidence, and energy to shape the creative vision to join their office in New York.
Employer: Radish Lab
Location: New York / USA
Position: Senior Designer
Posted: 19 December 2019
Radish Lab is looking for a Senior Designer with the experience, confidence, and energy to shape the creative vision.
We’re an award-winning creative agency in Brooklyn with an office in Berlin. We specialize in design, branding, and websites for social impact organizations and values-driven businesses. We combine meaningful strategy and intuitive design to amplify the impact our clients have on the world.
Radish Lab works with some of the biggest social impact organizations in the country, from (RED) to the Rainforest Alliance, from the Women’s Refugee Commission to The Public Theatre.
You have proven yourself in an agency design role. You’re a scrappy problem solver comfortable working quickly in an iterative, collaborative process. Your work has intention, and you’re energized by defending design rationale and thinking. Plus, you’ve got a sense of humor.
What You’ll Do:
As Senior Designer you will lead and oversee all of the creative leaving Radish Lab, under the management of our Creative and Managing Director. You’ll work closely with and manage a junior designer, and a design intern. You’ll also participate in the hiring process for new members of the design team.
This position starts in January 2020. Salary range is 60-75K, depending on experience.
How to apply:
Send us your awesome cover letter and resume via our website form. Included in your cover letter, in a few sentences please tell us about something you learned from a recent project that you could use in your role as Senior Designer at Radish Lab.
No recruiters or calls. We will be reaching out to candidates in early January for interviews. If you don’t hear from us, unfortunately you weren’t selected for the next round.
Radish Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
About Radish Lab: Good Design for Nice People
Radish Lab grew out of a simple premise: what if, on a daily basis, we could work on creative projects that we sincerely believe in and could contribute to in meaningful ways?
Radish Lab is an award-winning creative agency, which specializes in design, branding, and websites for nonprofit organizations and other projects seeking to make meaningful change.
We believe good design is clear, simple, and fun. And we believe that good design has the power to move you, and the people you do business with.
Founded in early 2012, we have grown into a team of thirteen across two continents. We’re proud graduates of the IFP Made in New York storytellers incubator (2013) and Startup Germany’s Berlin residency (2016), both competitive programs to help firms become established players in global creative fields.
We’re also a Certified B Corporation which means we’re held accountable for meeting the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability. Our clients come in all shapes and sizes, including some of our local powerhouses like the Brooklyn Navy Yard, the Columbia University, and Etsy, to global movers and shakers like the United Nations, the International Rescue Committee, and RED.org
• Work closely with Radish project managers to understand deadlines, budgets, expectations, and deliverables required for projects
• Work closely with the Creative Director, and extended design team to execute all design assets coming out of Radish Lab
• Concept and ideate best practice, accessible, and on-trend designs for Radish’s clients. Know when to push your ideas and know when the clients knows best
• Present concepts, ideas, and designs to clients in person or remotely when necessary. Represent Radish with poise and professionalism
• Show initiative by volunteering whenever a need arises
• Treat internal business needs with the same degree of enthusiasm you apply to client deliverables and new business pitches
• Provide guidance and mentorship to junior level staff including delegating tasks and serving as a point of quality control. Participate in semi-annual reviews for these staff members with management and provide feedback
• Participate in weekly staffing meetings to help PM and management staff plan projects
• Occasionally support the business development team with ideas or approaches for large pitches or proposals
• Meet your deadlines, and ask for help when you need it
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance with FSA options
• Pre-tax MTA Metrocards
• Available 401(k) plans
• Opportunities for professional development
• 2 paid, scheduled holiday weeks per year
• Flexible vacation policy
• Free Citibike membership and discounts at NYC gyms
• An awesome office vibe, and culture that prioritizes work/life balance
• Kitchen stocked with snacks and beer
• Incentive program to encourage volunteer work
• Fun (seriously!) team-building days
• Friendly, hard-working, and supportive team
• 3-5 years of professional work experience in digital design at an agency
• College degree in design, or a related field
• Experience designing websites with a range of functionality and audiences
• Strong time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines effectively
• Collaborative team player with a positive attitude and passion for visual storytelling
• Ability to explain your creative and design choices. An understanding of the underlying principles and theories of design
• A strong point of view and aesthetic, but the willingness to budge
• Experience with client-facing interactions, digital or in-person critique or feedback, on-site presentations of work or concepts, helping clients understand creative choices
• Deep knowledge of UX & UI design, accessible design, general digital design trends and standards, data visualizations and infographics, print design and print production, and branding and identity design
• Basic knowledge of front end development
• You nerd out on design and digital trends
• Passion for design and creative work outside of Radish;
• Ideas about how to improve Radish’s design workflow, or product
Software/Tools skills minimum must-haves:
• Expert InDesign
• Expert Illustrator
• Expert Photoshop
• Expert Sketch (or similar tools)
• Experience InVision (or similar tools)
Job Application Link: https://radishlab.com/careers/senior-designer/