Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Our roster of international clients includes NYU, COBS Bread, Holt Renfrew, OUAI, Denny’s, and Cactus Club Cafe.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We are looking for an experienced and talented Back End / Full Stack Developer to join our dev team. You will be producing high-end WordPress and Shopify sites while collaborating with our Front End, UX and UI design teams.
More About What We’re Looking For:
- 5 years’ minimum experience as a back end or full stack developer
- Experience with PHP and server side templating
- Experience working with WordPress
- Experience with Shopify & Shopify Plus
- Experience working with REST API
- Experience working with hosting servers (Linux), DNS, CDN
- A solid understanding of SEO, usability best practice and UX design
- Solid understanding of Responsive Design, and experience building fully responsive sites
- Working knowledge of Sketch is required, along with a keen eye for detail
- Experience presenting to clients is a plus
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards (WCAG) is a plus
- Experience with three.js or WebGL is a plus
Tools We Work with Daily:
- Timber / Twig
- Webpack / Gulp
Major Tom is committed to equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The company prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, race, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
Major Tom welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should you require accommodations, please let us know and we’ll work with you to ensure that you have a positive experience.
Job Application Link: https://major-tom.breezy.hr/
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.