Lead UX Researcher
Graphite Digital is looking a Lead UX Researcher to join their team in Brighton.
Position: Lead UX Researcher
Posted: 30 December 2020
Graphite is a digital product agency based on the seafront in Brighton but currently working remotely in the UK. The work we do combines the best of digital design, technology and innovation to create engaging digital products for some of the World’s most recognised and influential organisations. We make apps, websites, loyalty programmes, comms and marketing activations that users love.
You will be working with a talented team of Designers, Account Managers & Project Managers. You will be in constant interaction with other departments and clients. You will be working on a variety of accounts, from corporate giants to SME.
Your work will be outcome-focused, user-centred and data-informed. Our design solutions are relevant, beautiful and a delight to use. You will share your work early and often, seeking feedback from across the board and take part in design or project reviews.
You will be responsible for presenting your work to high-level client stakeholders and make them see the positive impact of your research. You will facilitate and lead research workshops as well as contributing during the creation of our design strategies. You will also be planning your work and estimating tasks to get support from our PMs and AM and communicating those to the rest of the team for alignment.
We will expect you to present compiling research ROI for our clients and champion research internally as well. Research Ops will be a key part of your role to further scale Research at Graphite, we’ve been implementing research for the past 2 years and are now ready for our next phase.
You will be responsible for creating processes and assuring research quality standards. Research should always focus on insights that are actionable. Some of our clients work in challenging sectors and you will need to get creative with your research process to adapt to clients’ needs.
Your Manager will help you become the best researcher you can be and enable you to create your best work. We have a strong high-performance culture with regular coaching, 1-2-1 sessions and training budget to make sure you get the best out of your time at Graphite.
• Communicating your research approach and ROI of your work to clients, involving key stakeholders along the way to make them feel engaged. You will be responsible for planning, writing and communicating research strategies
• Planning your work and estimating tasks to get support from our PMs and AM
• Planning and facilitating research workshops
• Empowering the teams to action on research insights
• Developing our research ops by creating, owning and maintaining research-based frameworks and artefacts to support and enable research and user-centred design activities. (toolkits, templates, processes, standards, relationships with recruitment, data storage and protection, etc.)
• Support Graphite when promoting research as a service during RFP and pitch phases (proposal, estimate, strategy and client presentations)
• Working with designers to define and refine our client’s product
• Coaching junior colleagues and delegating some research tasks
• Participating with the design community at large
• Working closely with the senior and leadership teams to scale research further at Graphite
• You have conducted and analysed Qualitative and Quantitative research (generative, user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, tree test, A/B test, etc.)
• Recognise and communicate pain points and opportunities within customer journeys
• You have a good understanding of Just Enough Research, Design Thinking
• You have experience presenting your work to clients and leading client meetings
• You are comfortable working with software such as usertesting.com, Optimalsort and Miro
• You have facilitated multiple workshops and are comfortable adapting the framework for shorter workshops
• You have worked in an Agile environment
• Desirable but not essential: You have worked within regulated sectors such as Healthcare, Pharma or Insurance
• Desirable but not essential: You have worked with remote teams (Most of our clients’ teams are remote)
• Desirable but not essential: Although you won’t be a designer you have a strong understanding of UX and UI and have worked closely with UX designers and UI designers (User Journey design, User-Centred design, Design systems, prototyping, etc.)
• Desirable but not essential: Experience managing a team
• Personal development budget for training and conferences
• Internal leadership and HR training
• Healthcare Insurance
• Pension scheme
• Free professional advice and support on mental health or finance
• Monthly team lunch, Summer and Christmas parties
• Quiet and isolated areas for when you need some alone time
• 25days holidays + unpaid leave
£45,000 to £55,000 per year (Depending on experience)
Graphite is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse and representative workforce at all levels. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and women as they are currently underrepresented within the Digital Industry at this time. Appointments will be made on merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
• Write a covering letter to introduce yourself (please keep it simple and short)
• Attach your CV
• Provide examples and case studies of previous projects
Job Application Link: https://www.graphitedigital.com/careers