Lead Frontend Engineer
Beyond is looking for an experienced Lead Frontend Engineer to join their team in London.
Beyond is a design and technology agency made up of passionate people focused on creating and delivering beautiful experiences for clients including Google, Montblanc, Facebook and the Royal College of Art.
With a focus on creating new tech and delivering impactful experiences, we are dedicated to the seamless art of software design and delivery and are looking for an experienced Lead Frontend Engineer to join our dynamic, diverse and globally distributed engineering team. As Frontend is very important within the development lifecycle, you will take an active part in the delivery of transformative products for our clients.
As a Lead Frontend Engineer at Beyond, you’ll:
• Contribute to the strategy and growth of Beyond’s highly diverse and skilled engineering team
• Use your soft skills in collaboration, communication and client relationship management
• Co-create and work with different team members across projects and the studio to ensure quality is embedded at both the process and programme levels
• Gain knowledge in new business domains by helping build teams for the purposes of designing, developing and delivering impactful solutions
• Lead engineering teams, at project level, to guarantee a successful and timely delivery of projects, following Beyond’s level of excellence
• Contribute to and help maintain our coding standards and best practices
• Provide mentorship for other members of the engineering team
As a Lead Frontend Engineer at Beyond, we’d like you to bring:
• A deep understanding of UX/UI, cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, SEO, performance, mobile-first design and standards
• HTML5, CSS3, CSS pre and post-processors
• Experience with Node.js, Headless CMSes and Static-Site Generators
• Extensive framework experience – 5+ years (Angular or React)
• At least 7 years experience as a frontend engineer or web technologist
• Passion for developing intuitive user interfaces and implementing pixel-perfect layouts
• Experience with build tools
• Grasp of security principles and how they apply to web applications
• Extensive experience with responsive web design
• Object-Oriented, Functional and Test-Driven Development
• Experience developing products that use API integrations
• Customer focus with the ability to translate technical language to a broader audience
• Track-record of leading engineering teams at a project level
• Experience mentoring less senior team members
And in return, Beyond offers:
• A generous learning and development budget per employee per year
• Excellent salary with a flexible benefits scheme including healthcare & dental,
• 25 days holiday, plus your birthday off
• Paid business closure between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• 6% matched contribution pension scheme
• We offer flexible working to everyone, under our “Beyond Flexibility” programme. Ask about this at the interview!
• Monthly care packages
• A strong company culture whilst working on a ‘remote first’ basis – this includes weekly meetings, company updates, quizzes and celebrations
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organisation. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly and passionately create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender or age, it is about people. Without our people being their most creative selves, we are nothing.
If you’re passionate about Front-end engineering, interested in progressively developing your skills and have an appetite to improve software design, please apply NOW.
Job Application Link: https://www.bynd.com/careers/