Lead Front-End Engineer
Y Media Labs is looking for a Lead Front-End Engineer to join their office in San Francisco.
Employer: Y Media Labs
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Lead Front-End Engineer
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. We create digital products with purpose that have lasting impact on users’ lives and clients’ businesses.
Through next generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L’Oreal, Home Depot, and Staples develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis & Bangalore.
We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. But we approach these problems from our mobile roots. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle.
We have delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps, partnered with 28 Fortune 500 companies, been responsible for over $60 billion in mobile transactions and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
Portfolio of of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
As an engineer, the first word that comes to mind that describes YML is “care”. People care about the user experience, their coworkers, project team, and the products they are building. People want to be the best they can be and it shows in the products we produce. We expect this Front-End veteran to be a bridge between design & engineering and improve the connection between the two.
• Hands-on contribution to the architecture of web & mobile applications
• Serve as a role model for code quality, process and its improvements
• Hands-on coding, system analysis, design, and the delivery of digital system
• Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team
• Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
• Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self research and is an endless problem solver
• Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
• Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in the shaping the future
• Provide excellent technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
• Ability to define, validate and ultimately implement your approach to building software.
• 8+ years of experience in architecting software and confident across the full stack
• Experience in leading high performing teams within an agile model
• Possess a strong foundation in building scalable, reliable and highly performance systems
• Self-motivated and can drive a team towards excellence
• Must have a love for clean & efficient code
• MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (Ai) is a BIG plus
• Exposure to Java / Hadoop environment is a plus as well
• Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams — Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
P.S. We are always on the lookout for passionate and hard working individuals to join our talented team, so if you have any friends whom might be interested, please refer to www.ymedialabs.com/careers for more details.
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/role?gh_jid=1457867
Award-winning creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences, through next-generation technologies and world-class design.
255 Shoreline Dr., 6th floor, Redwood City CA 94065