Lead Front End Engineer
Y Media Labs is looking for a Lead Front End Engineer to join their office in San Francisco.
Position: Lead Front End Engineer
Posted: 26 November 2020
YML is a design and digital product agency. We create innovative products that export Silicon Valley to the world.
Since 2009, we have led early-stage startups and top-tier brands to “wow” their customers with best-in-class digital products and experiences. Our work has created category leaders in retail (The Home Depot) and insurance (State Farm), as well as laid the digital foundation for the next generation of Fortune 500 companies (Credit Karma, PayPal, Mercari, and more).
Our bread and butter is in digital products, prototypes, customer experience, service design, and moment mapping. Our work has been recognized by Steve Jobs (ya, that Steve Jobs) and featured by TED Talks, in The Wall Street Journal (“YML is one of the most innovative companies in Silicon Valley”), Forbes, Ad Age, ABC, CNBC and more. We are not a marketing agency. No campaigns. No media buying.
We create products and experiences that make a lasting impact, ranging from Molekule (the 2016 Time Invention of the Year) to Universal Music Artists (now a Webby award-winning app) to building the future of Google’s AI with Tensorflow (really).
We started as a team of two, now we’re 250 strong. We have six offices on three continents and are headquartered in Silicon Valley.
• Portfolio of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
• Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
• Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
Working in collaboration with our engineering, design, and quality assurance teams, you will build software that solves real-world problems. You are a passionate advocate for software quality, its role in our society, and its relationship to technology.
As an engineer, the first word that comes to mind that describes YML is “care”. People care about the user experience, their coworkers, project team, and the products they are building. Our engineers want to be the best they can be and it shows in the products we produce.
This role will report to our Director of Engineering.
• Hands-on contribution to the architecture of web & mobile applications
• Serve as a role model for code quality, process, and its improvements
• Hands-on coding, system analysis, design, and the delivery of a digital system
• Cultivate a collaborative working environment and a culture of ownership with a growing team
• Must have a love for clean & efficient code
• Ability to define, validate, and ultimately implement your approach to building software.
• 8+ years of experience in architecting software and confident across the full stack
• Experience in leading high performing teams within an agile model
• Possess a strong foundation in building scalable, reliable and high-performance systems
• Self-motivated and can drive a team towards excellence
• Provide excellent technical guidance to project team members so that their abilities and the overall project quality are enhanced
• MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience in Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (Ai) is a BIG plus
• Exposure to Java / Hadoop environment is a plus as well
• Ability to function effectively and communicate with cross-functional teams — Design, Project/Product Management, Quality Assurance, Strategy, Data Science, Innovations Team, Marketing, Talent, etc, and manage continuously changing business needs
• Proven Technical Leader — you are both a team leader and a team player
• Resourceful — you are a go-getter that leads by example, drives self-research and is an endless problem solver
• Clear — you provide clear and actionable direction to your team and clients
• Collaborative — a dynamic team player, you are proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Passionate — you love quality engineering, design and technology and the role it has in shaping the future
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/careers