Junior Content Writer & Strategist
Tundra is looking for a Junior Content Writer & Strategist to join their office in Melbourne.
Location: Melbourne / Australia
Position: Junior Content Writer & Strategist
A Junior Content Writer & Strategist at Tundra combines two key sides of the brain; creative and analytical. This role works between design, user experience, content, research and testing.
In this role, you’d seek to understand each of these disciplines with the intention of delivering the best possible solution and experience for users of websites, applications, activations and brand experiences. With a base specialisation in content writing, you’ll be grounded in strategic thinking and find the perfect balance in solving problems that have a positive outcome for users as well as the success of the business.
This a versatile and varied role, which requires an adaptable and proactive person who can think big picture, but work in the depths of detail.
This role sits within one of the multidisciplinary cross-functional teams at Tundra and primarily services the clients that sit within this team. This role forms part of the broader Strategy and Planning team and will work in close collaboration with UX designers, UX analysts and data specialists to better define and implement the best strategies for users and the business.
You’ll be working with a more senior Content Strategist & Writer.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll regularly be working on:
• Digital content writing / copywriting
• Digital website and specifically content strategy definition and thinking
• Completing UX and content audits, and strategic evaluations of current state, turning key learnings and insights into actionable recommendations
• Understanding user personas and journeys, and be able to conceptually map them
• Writing a cohesive and useful report that details all learnings and insights as well as creating documentation fit for sharing across wider stakeholder groups
• Clearly articulating key ideas and findings with others, distilling complicated themes into digestible information
And, an interest and appetite to learn and work on the following types of tasks with our broader team:
• IA and comprehensive sitemap creation
• Communication flows and strategy definition
• Brand and tone of voice definition
• Proposal writing and planning approach to new business briefs
• Creative ideation and solution orientated brainstorming
• Undertake different user testing methods and activities to interrogate concepts and validate hypotheses. This includes participant screening, setting test objectives, planning test process, running user testing sessions and providing detailed, useful reports – grounded in insights and actionable recommendations
• Site optimisation planning including A/B testing and personalisation planning
• Run stakeholder workshops and sessions to gather requirements, interrogate a particular idea or collate feedback and insight
• Determining goals and key business objectives for clients
The skills we’re looking for:
• Excellent written communication skills with abilities to create digital content for advertising, marketing or other forms of communications
• Sound understanding of web content, including SEO, accessibility, usability, information architecture and writing for the web
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with a broader range of team members and clients
• Ability to follow given processes and work with tight deadlines and within a project timeline
• Analytical and lateral thinking skills
• Highly-motivated with a positive and proactive approach
• An understanding of interface and responsive design, user experience processes and principles
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate process, ideas and solutions to the wider team
The person we’re after:
We’re looking for someone that is motivated, has a passion for the work and a genuine interest in the problems we’re solving with clients.
Your key focus will be on quality deliverables and acknowledging the feedback you receive, evidenced by your improvement from task to task. You’ll be able to connect tasks and content writing to clear strategic goals and outcomes, and you’re always thinking about the user first and the business needs in parallel.
You’ll enjoy collaborating with the broader team, and bring a positive and solution-orientated outlook on the team and the client work. You’ll happily take responsibility and accountability for the work you’re involved with. You’ll be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and have the ability to effectively communicate with a broader range of team members and clients.
With your well-developed analytical thinking skills and ability to work flexibly within a broader team environment, you’re keen to take on any challenge.
What we can offer:
As part of the opportunity to work at one of Melbourne’s best digital agencies, Tundra offers:
• A range of high-profile clients and the opportunity to work on varied projects
• A fun, supportive and collaborative work culture
• A highly motivated team to become part of
• A competitive salary
• Ongoing development opportunities
• A gym membership
• A big, bright warehouse space in Collingwood
Job Application Link: https://tundra.com.au/careers/junior-content-writer-strategist/