Junior Backend Developer
Evolution 7 is looking for a Junior/Graduate Backend Developer to join their office in Melbourne.
Employer: Evolution 7
Location: Melbourne / Australia
Position: Junior Backend Developer
Being a Backend Developer at Evolution 7 means you are working with cutting edge technologies and are responsible for finding the most innovative and appropriate solution for every problem.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, but not only limited to it, and will have to think outside the box in order to deliver the best user experience. Working directly with Frontend developers, UX Designers, and Strategists, you will help them to shape solutions based on our clients’ needs to achieve high performance and responsiveness for our websites
We are looking for a passionate person to join our team, eager to learn and develop to build some of Australia’s best websites and applications.
Our technology stack:
We utilise a range of technologies and tools – check out our stack here:
• Knowledge of Craft CMS
• PHP skills / PSR standards understanding
• Interest / Knowledge of other PHP-based CMS platforms (e.g. Symfony)
• Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
• MySQL understanding
• Using Git version control system
• Interest in DevOps / Hosting solutions
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in computer science
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Team-oriented and collaborative
• Positive energy and enthusiasm!
• Mild caffeine / Redbull addiction and decent taste in music
• Share your passion for technology
• Build dynamic sites with PHP
• Integrating third-party APIs
• Collaborate with the design, development, strategy and project management teams to achieve best practice digital work
• Proactively contribute to ongoing development and process improvement
• Contribute, share ideas, be passionate, and inspire your colleagues
• Develop elegant, maintainable, and robust code
• Have fun!
• Drive your career with ongoing training and conferences
• Be rewarded with our growth via profit share arrangement
• Be part of a creative and passionate culture
• Cool studio environment – converted warehouse in Richmond’s funky Cremorne precinct
• Work from a great central location close to CBD, public transport, and bike paths
• Enjoy fresh fruit and breakfast daily, along with our famous “Foodie Tuesday”
• Day off on your birthday
• Work/life balance
• We’re nice people 🙂
• 12 months to permanent
How To Apply:
Please complete the online application.
No phone calls please! We will respond to applicants we want to interview
We’re an award-winning Melbourne-based digital agency bringing together talented creatives and developers to produce stunning, innovative, and inspiring work. We are passionate about digital and strive to weave together the key disciplines of design, development, and strategy for holistic, best practice development.