Sanborn is currently on the hunt for an enthusiastic, energetic soul to join their design team. They are looking for a designer who wants to be challenged in a fast-paced work environment.
Location: New York / USA
Position: Interactive Designer
Sanborn is currently on the hunt for an enthusiastic, energetic soul to join our design team. They are looking for a designer who wants to be challenged in a fast-paced work environment.
You have experience in creating websites that not only look clean and beautiful, but have also been thought out from a usability standpoint. You enjoy working with a small group of people and are not an assholeseriouslythere is a very strict no asshole policy here, so don’t apply if that’s you.
On any given day you’ll be designing experiences for anything from a small microsite to a large-scale content-driven site to a mobile app to a touchscreen to be flown to be used at a music festival. You should be the kind of person that’s excited by such breadth of work. They lead and embrace each project from start to finish; meaning that you’ll be a part of product brainstorming, wireframing, UX problem solving, through visual design and QA. Sanborn are independent, hard working designers who collaborate and iterate. They share their work and internally critique and help each other put our best work out there.
100% Remote work, unlimited consciousness, every day is a no pants day.
This is a full-time position with benefits, that will start off as a freelance gig in service of wading into the water. Compensation is competitive and commensurates with experience.
• An interactive/web designer with at least 2-3 years of experience (we appreciate an eye for print design, but this is not the place for someone who wants to be in the print/advertising world)
• Fluent in Sketch, Photoshop and Illustrator (duh, do we even need to mention this?)
• Familiar with prototyping tools (InVision, Marvel, Webflow, etc)
• In possession of illustration skills (a tall order, but hey let us dream!)
• Open to picking up new tools as they emerge
• Able to communicate professionally, both written and spoken English
• Able to work on multiple projects at once. We work fast, we have lots of projects going on so you will be working on a few at the same time. Be a thriver of a fast-paced environment and have a “get shit done” mentality.
• Someone with a deep love for making things happen. You’re not ok with sitting in the shadows and letting others make decisions. YOU make the decisions and you stand by them.
• Someone with an eye (or two) for detail. You notice when a title is #7f7f7f when it should be #636363 and when that container is 4 pixels too wide.
• In possession of a portfolio filled with great, thoughtful work that you can share with us. We are an interactive studio and your portfolio should show mostly web work.
You’re down with remote work. Sanborn have got offices in Manhattan, Bushwick and L.A. but they encourage working from home, from coffee shops, from wherever you feel most comfortable. They use video conferencing, Slack and a host of other tools to keep communication going online and still feel like a team. They love that we can all be in different parts of the country (or different countries) and still work together.
Sanborn produces digital campaigns and products in web, mobile, social, video and experiential. Agility, innovation, and customer service guide our work.
225 Broadway Suite 1910, New York NY 10007