Punchcut is looking for an Interaction Designer to join their office in San Francisco.
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Interaction Designer
Punchcut is looking for an Interaction Designer to join our team. You should have a strong understanding of user-centered design and be comfortable working independently and in collaboration with other designers.
You have at least 2 years of relevant design experience, including mobile apps/platforms, web, and/ or other consumer devices. You feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative, creative design studio environment.
• Serve as Interaction Designer on selected projects to deliver the best possible user experience
• Participate in brainstorming and concepting sessions internally and with clients
• Create conceptual diagrams, workflows, use cases, personas, and storyboards
• Sketch user scenarios and user interfaces to help conceptualize user experiences
• Assist with primary and secondary user research activities
• Produce design artifacts such as sketches, annotated wireframes, interaction specifications and guidelines, and interactive prototypes
• Apply user-centered design process to solving problems in emerging mediums that have little precedence
• 2+ years designing effective interfaces for mobile experiences
• Undergraduate degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus
• Experience performing user research (contextual inquiry, participatory design, usability testing, etc.)
• Strong understanding of the user-centered design process and evolving interaction design best practices
• Ability to clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale using different forms and fidelities, from sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes
• Experience creating specifications with design tools including Adobe CS, Sketch, and InVision
We are a user interface design company specializing in mobile and convergent experiences across consumer devices. We provide strategy, design and development services – from original user research and usability studies to the complete design and development of custom interfaces. Clients span the industry, and include operators, device manufacturers and leading entertainment brands. Punchcut partners with clients to create solutions that place devices and services in new contexts and empower users at the center of the evolving device ecosystem.
We are looking for smart, energetic people who care about design, and value a good work-life balance. Because of our size and focus everyone shares real impact on the decisions we make. We’re striving to create a different kind of company; one where people are the priority and the future is the focus.
We also love the diversity, challenge and satisfaction that come from our projects. From creating a future user experience vision and strategy to assessing the detailed usability of next year’s hottest wearable, Punchcut designs the future. Punchcut also offers a balanced, life-friendly work environment, as well as medical/dental/life/disability insurance, paid time off, sabbatical time, a 401k plan, commuter benefits, and annual device and education allowances. Punchcut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Application Link: https://www.punchcut.com/interaction-designer/
Punchcut is a digital product design and innovation company specializing in connected design across future-forward devices and services.
150 California St. 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111