Full Stack Tech Lead
Tangent is looking for a Full Stack Tech Lead to join their team.
We are looking for an experienced lead developer with an element of full stack experience, who is passionate about delivering code the right way. You will be working directly with the client , an internal technical architect and the UX/UI design team. You will lead a team of developers delivering progressive cloud-first web applications in technologies such as React, .NET Core or Python.
We are willing to accept remote applicants who can travel to either the London or Newcastle office from time to time for client meetings, project kick-off and team events.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
• Expert knowledge of either .NET Core and/or Python
• Expert knowledge of React, Node and Next
• Experience with headless CMS products such as Contentful, ContentStack or Umbraco Heartcore
• Knowledge of on-prem CMSs such as Umbraco, Sitecore or WP
• API Development either RESTFUL and/or GraphQL
• Understanding of microservice architecture design
• Understanding of JAMStack architecture design
• The design and communication of technical requirements/systems. Including the writing of technical documentation, use of UML
• Able to create a clear backlog in JIRA and lead team to deliver it
• Experience working in a digital agency and has worked with project managers, UX/UI designs, internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams
• Experience working within an agile development team and peer reviewing code
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns.
• Experience with Azure and/or AWS (IaaS, PaaS including Serverless)
• Comfortable implementing CI/CD pipelines
• The ability to estimate technical effort, licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicate them to non-technical users
• Confident leading a mixed discipline development team; to deliver a product to an agreed scope, time and budget and to a high standard
• The ability to highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to a Project Manager to enable them to make informed decisions
• Mentoring and guiding your team; ensuring their personal development
• Plan, design and write automated tests include unit, integration
• Expertise with development methodologies such as DDD, BDD and TDD
The successful individual should be::
• An excellent communicator – able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients
• Able to run workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements
• Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front end developers and DevOps engineers
• Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about them)
• A self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed and being proactive in getting information to move work along when needed
• Used to working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress updates
Technical skills required:
• Experience with .NET Core and/or Python
• Experience with React and Next.js or Gatsby
• CMS experience with one or more of either Umbraco Heartcore, Contentful or ContentStack
• Comprehensive experience with either Azure or AWS
• Understanding of design patterns to deliver extendable, scalable and distributed applications
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases and Lucene Indexes
• Experience setting up and using CI/CD (Azure DevOps /TeamCity/Optopus/Jenkins etc).
• TDD, writing highly testable code and implementing automated tests including unit and integration tests and mocking
Bonus points if you have:
• Go, .NET Framework or PHP
• Other CMSs such as Sitecore, Episerver or Kentico
• Varnish Cache
• Experience working within a digital agency environment would be beneficial
What we give in return:
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.
Job Application Link: https://www.tangent.co.uk/careers/full-stack-tech-lead