Front-End Web Developer
Digital Cake is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to join their office in Birmingham.
Employer: Digital Cake
Location: Birmingham / UK
Position: Front-End Web Developer
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer with at least 3 years agency experience who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
You will be based in Birmingham and work alongside Senior Management and Graphic Designers to bridge the gap between design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the website looks as well as how it works.
• Develop new user-facing features
• Be aware of current industry trends for web design UX/UI
• Build reusable code and libraries for future use
• Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Sound project management to ensure timely client delivery of web assets
Skills and Qualifications:
• Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 and PHP
• Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Good understanding of WordPress, preferably some experience of Shopify and a good understanding/appreciation of other platform options in the marketplace
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools from the Adobe Creative Cloud such as Photoshop and Muse is a plus
• Proficient understanding of cross-browser testing, the common compatibility issues and the best ways to work around them
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git is necessary
• Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them but training will be provided as required in this regard
• The successful candidate will also be required to have a degree of 2:1 or higher or other equivalent qualification.
If you are interested and would like to apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to Cheryl Thomas at [email protected]
Clearly mark the subject line: ‘FRONT END WEB DEVELOPER APPLICATION’
Job Application Link: https://digitalcake.agency/careers/