Engine Digital is looking for a Front-End Engineer (Senior) to join their office in Vancouver.
Employer: Engine Digital
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: Front-End Engineer
Front-End Engineer Wanted
We’re a team of strategists, designers, and technologists, driven by a shared passion for creating thoughtful digital platforms, products, and services that span web, mobile, and connected spaces. Based in Vancouver and New York City, we’re focused on changing how organizations connect with users in an increasingly digital world. If you’re up for that challenge, you should join us.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you’ll lead the planning and development of web and mobile platforms, products, and UI systems, producing deliverables that bring the UX and Design group’s work to life through interaction and motion. You work with the project team to define the best approach to implementing fluid, functional, and high-performance interfaces and modular layouts, blending best practices with the latest tools, technologies, and trends in the field of UI development.
• Lead, support, and collaborate in planning, development, testing, and delivery/deployment of solid, structured, and standards-compliant web and mobile interfaces with JS, HTML, and CSS
• Understand scope, project goals, and requirements, and provide input towards practical solutions, innovations, and time estimation
• Participate in ideation sessions, workshops, and roadmapping, contributing a perspective on improved production and development approaches, tools, and techniques
• Collaborate in strategic planning of web and mobile websites, web apps, and native mobile apps assessing opportunities for driving innovation from a development perspective
• Test, refactor, and optimize code to achieve the best performance, and strive for flawless and bug free deliverables by making quality assurance a top priority
• Follow industry best practices, and coding standards developed by the agency and contribute to internal and external knowledge sharing
• Understand our clients’ business, their needs, and the technical opportunities and challenges that exist within their categories
Required Skills & Experience:
• Experience planning, prototyping, developing, and testing for web, mobile/tablet, SaaS products, connected devices, and other interactive experiences (Voice, AR/VR)
• Experience with current tools, processes, and standards including Git, Sass, KSS, BEM, Webpack, Node, Sketch, and styleguide driven development
• Experience implementing analytics tags and event tracking from spec
• Web performance and speed optimization (zero latency) techniques
• Knowledge of usability, accessibility, industry standards, and testing tools
• Familiarity with a variety of CMS (ie. WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager) , Ecommerce platforms (ie Shopify, Magento), and static site generators (ie Statamic, Gatsby, Middleman)
• Familiarity with Laravel, PHP, MySQL, Ruby, and web services integration via JSON and REST APIs using Swagger. GraphQL experience a bonus
• Experience working in an agile environment, scoping and road-mapping, and self-management
• Digital agency or startup team experience preferred
• Degree in Web Development or Computer Science preferred but not required
• Candidates should be residents of Vancouver or willing to relocate and able to travel
• Familiarity with Docker preferred but not required
In addition to an exceptional company culture, we offer the following benefits to all employees:
• A welcome kit, a MacBook Pro, and all the tools you need on day one
• Personal learning budget for classes, events, and conferences, and access to General Assembly, Treehouse, Udemy, and One Month to help you expand your skills
• Winter holiday break in addition to 3 weeks vacation time to start
• Office snacks, coffee, tea, beer, and monthly birthday celebrations
• Holiday parties, happy hours, and team building activities
• Health and dental coverage
• Offices in two of the best cities in the world – Vancouver and New York City
• An incredible global client list including some of the most recognized brands
• Focused yet casual studio environment located in Mount Pleasant, the heart of Vancouver’s emerging tech hub
How to Apply:
If this sounds like a fit, please apply through our online application form. Only candidates with an online portfolio or work samples may be shortlisted and contacted. Please clearly state your personal contribution to each project submitted. If you have a Github profile, blog, or other online projects, please send those URLs along too. Extra attention will be given to creative candidates who are active online.
No recruiters, agencies, or phone calls please.
Job Application Link: https://enginedigital.com/careers
Visit us at www.enginedigital.com
Engine Digital is a Vancouver and New York City based digital consultancy focused on improving the way organizations engage with users across digital channels.
#404-717 West Pender Street Vancouver, BC V6C 1G9 Canada