Front End Developer
Luminary is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join their team in Melbourne.
Position: Front End Developer
Posted: 25 February 2021
Do you love creating awesome digital experiences in the browser?
Luminary needs you! We’re pretty busy over here so we need an experienced Front End Developer.
You are someone who is excited by what you can build in the browser these days. A person who is comfortable working as part of a distributed development team. A person who writes code that’s clean, concise, modular and reusable. And most importantly, a person that doesn’t blindly do tasks but works with their team to understand the why , while at the same time offering suggestions and improvements.
Luminary is a Digital Agency with 50+ passionate professionals that are committed to creating digital experiences that matter. Since 1999 we have been developing digital strategy, delivering websites and web applications for a broad range of clients, from large multinationals, to government departments and well-known Australian brands. We are proud of the work we produce and we’re even prouder of our team.
Required Skills/Key Characteristics:
• Needs to be able to work as part of a distributed development team (Melbourne, Brisbane, and Bali) either independently or part of a larger team
– Self-starter. Needs to be able to help set their own agenda
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable interacting with other humans, be they devs, producers, or even clients
– Friendly and approachable
• Thinker, someone who looks past merely doing a task and ask WHY a task needs to be done, and offer suggestions on doing it differently or better
• Experience with Figma (Sketch / Zeplin / Photoshop will do)
• Ability to self-QA, testing their own code across browsers and devices and debugging as needed
• Experience with Git (or other version control system)
• React experience or another front-end MVC framework (Angular, Vue.js etc.
• Jamstack experience, particularly Gatsby or Next.JS
• Knowledge / interest in design. E.g. knows of, or has used, Tailwind CSS or equivalent
• Handlebars or other HTML templating language experience
• SASS or LESS skills
• Experience writing documentation
• Experience working with a CMS. Bonus points for Kentico, Episerver or Sitecore. WordPress will also do
• Digital agency working experience
• Node.js knowledge
• WCAG 2.0 accessibility knowledge
• Netlify, or other CI/CD service, knowledge or experience
Job Application Link: https://luminary-digital.breezy.hr/p/ed9d3c40fde1-front-end-developer/apply