Front End Developer
iamota is looking for a Front End Developer to join their office in Vancouver.
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: Front End Developer
We are looking for a front-end web developer to join us in creating interfaces for enterprise level e-commerce and marketing clients. Our ideal candidate has a passion for the work they produce, a drive to grow their knowledge through code-reviews and industry research, and the ability to solution and communicate technical challenges.
You will work closely with a team of strategists, designers, and developers to produce online experiences that are user-focused, fully-tested, well-documented, performant, and written with reuse and maintainability in mind.
What You’ll Do What:
• Write clean semantic code, emphasizing performance and usability
• Identify reusable patterns by writing and leveraging component-based code
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional design, UX, development, and strategy teams
• Stay up to date on current and future front-end web development technologies, specifications, and frameworks and make recommendations on when they are appropriate to use
• Perform cross-device QA testing and patching to support multiple browsers, screen sizes, and device types
• Execute other development tasks as defined from time to time
Who we’re looking for:
Experience / Education:
• Have a degree in computer science, diploma from a technical college in web development, or related work experience (2+ years)
• Have a solid understanding of modern front-end development techniques (progressive enhancement, mobile-first development) and cross-browser/platform challenges and solutions
• Are experienced with component-based or “atomic design” principles
• Are experienced with MVC, including templating languages (Twig, Liquid, or similar)
• Knowledgeable about code versioning with Git and comfortable developing work on branches and submitting pull-requests
• Can comfortably use and configure the CMS for projects you develop (WordPress, Shopify, or similar)
• Experienced with agile working sprints and daily project stand-ups
• Able to strategize rapidly and are comfortable presenting your knowledge and ideas to others
• Willing to negotiate an “ideal solution” that finds compromises between requirements, budget, user experience, and best practices
• Openly share your passion for development in both your coding ability and personality–we love a good lunch & learn
• Actively contribute to ways we can improve the lives of our clients and team
• Proficient in configuring linters & code standardizers in your IDE of choice (Sublime Text, Atom, VS Code)
• Familiar with basic terminal commands and script tools (Git, NPM, Grunt, or similar)
• Experience with project tracking tools as a core part of your workflow (Trello, JIRA, FogBugz, or similar)
Bonus Points: ( Not Essential)
• Have experience in ecommerce, notably Shopify
• Passionate about design, user experience, quality assurance, accessibility, performance, servers, or other related field
• Regularly attend or have given a talk to a local meetup
Perks at IAMOTA:
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off.
As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by Friday summer hours, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How To Apply:
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email email@example.com including:
A cover letter, including reference to a recent technical accomplishment you take pride in
Link to your portfolio, relevant code samples and/or your Git repository
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.
Job Application Link: https://www.iamota.com/careers/front-end-developer/