Ask Phill is looking for a Front-end developer to join their office in Amsterdam.
Employer: Ask Phill
Location: Amsterdam / Europe
Position: Front-end developer
Ask Phill is looking for a talented, full-time front-end developer to join our fast-paced, growing Creative Digital Agency in Amsterdam. Our agency is focused on design, development, and marketing in the e-commerce industry, with a client base consisting of fashion, lifestyle, beauty brands, and startups. Ask Phill is the leading Shopify development agency in The Netherlands
As a Front-End Developer at Ask Phill, you have the opportunity and responsibility to define how each of our client’s front-end appears online. The ideal candidate is someone who takes pride in their work and performs well in a team – with a love for collaborating with others, but also the ability to tackle a challenge on their own. They have an extensive knowledge of the current e-commerce landscape and an innovative and creative mentality, with the ability to deliver exceptional e-commerce experiences and the confidence to make justified recommendations for creative work. Most importantly, they are passionate about coding with a strong work ethic and an extraordinary attention to detail and precision.
As a Front-end designer working at Ask Phill you see a project to fruition, from the design phase to delivery, and have the opportunity and responsibility to define how each brand you work with appears online.
You’re a passionate designer and have a creative and innovative view when considering visual design. You have an incredible, obsessive attention to detail and passion for delivering awesome experiences. You love to collaborate with others, but also have the ability tackling a challenge on your own.
Furthermore you have an understanding of the current e-commerce landscape. In this way your creativity and forward looking mentality will help shape the future of Ask Phill!
Does this sound like you?
• Create clean code front-end development in line with design and functional demands
• Estimate and deliver work on time and within budget
Requirements and Essential Skills:
• Extensive HTML/CSS/JS knowledge
• Knowledge and experience of JAMstack and React
• Up to date with industry design trends and tools
• Expert in mobile and responsive
• Strong communication skills and the ability to advise on digital design process and direction, and present these ideas to potential clients
• Superb communication, organization and time management skills
• An eagerness to improve your own development knowledge and ability
Additional useful skills and experience:
• Experience with Shopify and Liquid
• Experience using GitHub
• Have worked within a variety of agile development teams and processes
• Directly working with new and forward-thinking lifestyle brands
• Flexible working hours
• Office located in the centre of Amsterdam (Jordaan)
• No formal “office-wear” required – we work hard but we laugh a lot and have fun
• Extensive lunch, good music in the office, Friday drinks and a monthly team dinner
Job Application Link: https://askphill.com/pages/careers