After Digital is looking for a dedicated Front-end Developer to join their office in Glasgow.
Position: Front-End Developer
Posted: 18 September 2020
We are on the hunt for a dedicated Front-end Developer to join our award winning team, to work on both client-facing and in-house projects.
As a business, we apply creative and technical expertise to all aspects of this role with a strong focus on the end user’s experience. Our client list is dominated by Arts & Culture based clients, which offers plenty of fun, challenging and exciting new projects on a regular basis.
Our ticketing product is used by some of the largest arts organisations in the UK and abroad to facilitate ticket sales, we have invested heavily in our product to deliver a purchase path that is secure, resilient and performant under extreme load. This role will offer the candidate an opportunity to further develop the user interface to help us deliver a truly first class experience for our customers and end users.
At After Digital, we pride ourselves on having a culture that promotes collaboration between the teams. This allows for developers to access data that can be used to improve features or chats with our in-house design, aiding in the future shaping of our products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Day to day duties will involve creating responsive, cross-browser supported and robust components for integration within various CMS systems. You will work closely with back-end developers, marketers and designers to turn their visions into working realities.
You will be responsible for creating, testing and shipping high quality and robust code to production. This will also include adding to and maintaining our in-house component library, to allow us to implement consistent functionality quickly and concentrate on new features required for our customers.
As a team, we have a focus on personal development with the opportunity to set bi-monthly goals and receive time within the working week to complete training courses and improve your own skill set. We believe that by investing in our people, we will foster a better work/life balance, resulting in producing consistently high quality, award-winning work.
What we are looking for:
Ideally, you will be a Front-end Web Developer who is familiar with the full lifecycle of a web-based project, from technical planning to working with designers and, finally, creating modular components ready for a Back-end Developer to integrate.
• Expertise writing component based SASS / CSS, HTML (we like using BEM)
• A keen eye for detail, belief in the mobile first approach and desire to produce WCAG compliant UI
• Ambition to create first class user experiences and ability to communicate with our design team to help bring their ideas to life
• Experience writing modular code for use within new and existing code bases.
• Understand how to develop websites to maximise compatibility across a wide range of devices
• Have a focus on performance and getting the most out of your code
• Experience discussing requirements and solutions with clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have a strong desire to be an innovator within the industry
• Passion for using modern web technologies and techniques at the forefront of Front-end development
• Ability to provide accurate estimations and work within a budget
• Experience within an Agile environment
• Exposure to task runners and bundlers such as Gulp and Webpack
• Experience with Git version control
You can impress us with:
o Demonstrating your knowledge of automated testing and approach to UI testing
o Showing that you have experience of visual design systems and principles
o Telling us about how you would like to innovate and what new technologies you have a passion for
We are fully aware that most people will not have all of the skills mentioned above. So, impress us with what you can do and outline your ambitions, we will help you learn the stack.
Perks & Benefits:
As we said, we take pride in our company culture and are passionate about investing in our people and the areas that make a positive difference to the overall atmosphere in the office. That’s why we have:
• Flexible and remote working, generous holidays and a focus on work-life balance
• In-house culture club, where we can enjoy individual arts and culture or educational book allowances every month
• Top of the range equipment and full testing suite.
• A modern and open plan office with a friendly and passionate team in either Glasgow or Manchester’s city centre
• Investment in you! We’re committed to our people and offer CPD, training, conferences and the opportunity to volunteer
• Dogs! We have 2 regular office dogs, Noodle and Pepper, who help to boost morale and notify us of any approaching delivery men
• Friday drinks (fun @ 4pm)
How to apply:
Feel like this role is for you? Pop your CV, cover letter and portfolio of work to [email protected] and we will be in touch soon.
* Please note: We do not accept calls from recruitment agencies.
Job Application Link: https://afterdigital.co.uk/about/jobs/frontend-developer/