Freelance Web Developer
Viabrand is looking for a Freelance Web Developer to join their team in Australia.
Position: Freelance Web Developer
Posted: 18 September 2020
Viabrand is an emerging creative studio located in Spring Hill Brisbane. Since launching, the business has built an exceptional reputation. Our team specialises in branding, graphic design, marketing and digital. Acting as a resident expert in web development, you will produce effective web solutions utilising web technologies on WordPress and bespoke built solutions in PHP.
We are not after a developer that can just “pickup” the job, rather a specialised PHP developer looking to complement existing commitments.
Are you a natural PHP developer with experience in agile development?
Are you currently freelancing and have clients of your own?
Are you organised, and process driven?
Do you have experience in scoping projects and dealing directly with customer?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to all the above, we’d love to hear from you!
Skills and experience:
• Advanced experience with PHP, MySQL, NodeJS, Composer, Gulp, Git and Docker configuration and virtulised deployment environments
• Advanced WordPress customisations using ACF
• Common WP plugins WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, Mailgun etc
• WHM Administration (Highly desired)
• CLI deployments through SSH
• Setting up general hosting and website configurations
• Agile development
• Project discovery sessions, scoping documents and client meetings
• Working with a range of online software programs e.g. Harvest, Asana, eCommerce, eDM platforms
• Integrating third-party systems and APIs
• Debugging cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues and mobile responsiveness
• Working towards project budgets and deadlines
In order to be considered for the position, the successful candidate should hold the following:
• A minimum 3 years’ agency / commercial experience working as a front end developer / web developer
• Exceptional attention to detail and high quality delivery standards
• Efficient working with teams and independently; self-motivated, task oriented and organised
• Outstanding English verbal and written communication skills
Benefits and perks:
Viabrand offers an excellent work / life balance workplace and additional benefits including gym facilities, a BBQ area, pool and café/restaurant onsite.
Job Application Link: https://www.viabrand.com.au/studio/careers/