Email / Web Developer
BSTRO is looking for an Email / Web Developer to join their team in Vancouver.
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: Email / Web Developer
We are seeking a smart, dedicated, and solution-oriented Web Developer to become a part of a dedicated project team that supports an exciting account within BSTRO’s portfolio. This role covers everything from email scheduling and deployment, content entry across platforms from WordPress and Drupal, and many other areas.
BSTRO is an award-winning international agency with offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and New York. We work with Fortune 500s, exciting start-ups and public health organizations that are changing the world.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate from a Computer Science (or relevant) degree with passion for all things Web. You will be working on multiple projects, switching from coding HTML emails from scratch to assisting with building full fledged websites. As such this job posting is more suitable towards a candidate with strong programming and web fundamentals, flexible and able to adapt as per what the situation calls for.
This entry level role is ideal for a candidate who has experience with developing web solutions and wants to continue to learn and grow professionally in a fast paced agency environment. This role is onsite at our Vancouver office.
• Develop and maintain new and existing responsive HTML and CSS standalone emails and email templates using best practices and optimizing for desktop, webmail, and mobile email clients
• Setup, test and deploy emails from within ESPs (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Mailchimp, Marketo, Hubspot)
• Test and troubleshoot technical issues across desktop browsers, webmail, and mobile email clients
• Assist with email campaign reporting
• Understand and follow Email compliance standards
• Take beautifully designed SKETCH files and transform them into pixel perfect responsive websites that works across all major browsers
• Create and maintain new WordPress websites
• Familiar with WordPress templating system, hooks and action filters.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is an absolute must
• Work with a cross-functional team to produce high quality work
• Must be fluent in HTML and able to write nested table code by hand for emails
• Ability to translate design files into pixel-perfect HTML & CSS that works across all major browsers and devices
• Experience with responsive websites and techniques
• Intermediate programming logic and PHP programming skills
• Intermediate MySQL and/or MsSQL skills
• Experience with WordPress theme development
• Strong Quality Assurance skills — able to review your work and thoroughly test code
• Able to document your code and programming structure in a concise and easy to understand manner
Desirable Skills (nice to haves):
• Working knowledge of version control (i.e. Git)
• Working knowledge of Fluid Hybrid email development
• Experience with ESP templating languages
• Experience with email analytics/reporting
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Experience with Advanced Custom Fields WordPress plugin
• Experience with task runners (ie. Grunt) and CSS pre-processors (ie. SASS)
• Interest in email marketing best practices and industry trends
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with clients and creative team members. You will be expected to produce top quality code, juggle multiple tasks under pressure, articulate your ideas and meet strict deadlines.
This is a full-time role with benefits, vacation, sick days, and your very own desk. All work is performed onsite at our offices in Vancouver’s Crosstown neighbourhood. We can offer both a competitive salary, and the chance to spend time with our office dog; Sydney.
Job Application Link: https://bstro.com/careers/#email-web-developer