Director of Strategy
Major Tom is looking for a Director of Strategy to join their team in Toronto.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Toronto / Canada
Position: Director of Strategy
As a Director of Strategy you will lead the development and delivery of strategically led marketing solutions, contributing to, and impacting the effectiveness of the holistic agency offering. As a trusted advisor, you apply deep understanding of the client’s industry, business, and products in combination with proven strategic methodologies to help your clients’ brands and businesses win in the marketplace.
You will support and lead client engagements and service a roster of Canadian and US-based clients, along with a growing list of emerging new business relationships. In addition to contributing to organic account development, you will play a key role in supporting the agency’s new business development efforts, effectively communicating rationale to support strategic marketing investments as part of an integrated and highly effective business approach.
What It’s Like To Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients.
Sheng Li Digital, a subsidiary of Major Tom, focuses on providing Chinese advertising and marketing services to a wide range of clients such as KLM Airlines and Cirque du Soleil and to industries such as automotive, real estate, and tourism. As a subsidiary of Major Tom, a ROI-driven digital marketing agency, Sheng Li also specializes in paid media optimization, media buying, shopping campaigns, paid social, and more. We bring brands to life with extraordinary ideas that create emotional connections, fuel online conversations, and deliver measurable business results. It’s all about embracing our clients’ vision — and our top creative minds make it happen, with a boutique digital agency approach.
More About What We’re Looking For:
• College or university degree (e.g. Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing, Advertising) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Previous proven performance marketing strategy experience within an agency environment
• Strong understanding of effective performance marketing strategy practices, trends, techniques, and processes across various platforms
• Strong background developing strategic solutions for both Canada and the US-based brands
• Ability to translate clients’ broad business strategy and challenges into strategic opportunities
• Excellent analytical skills with the knowledge and ability to apply effective research and insight-generating methodologies to client projects
• Strong financial acumen and knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision- making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to profitably grow business revenue with new and existing clients
• Excellent organization and project management skills, able to manage workloads and priorities across projects to meet deadlines
• Limited travel is expected, however, you must have the ability to travel to client locations in Canada and the US as the needs of the business dictate
• Proficiency in speaking Mandarin, both written and verbal
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Develop and maintain mid to senior-level relationships with clients and key agency players, establishing trusted advisor relationships
• Provide thought leadership, insights, and perspectives that support client initiatives and align services and solutions with client needs
• Stay closely connected to internal project teams, monitoring progress of ongoing client projects, as needed, and helping to address and resolve, any issues or problems that may arise
• Develop design strategy deliverables that meet client needs, utilizing project experience, current market trends, competitor intelligence, and innovative thinking
• You will quarterback a multi-disciplinary approach to assess interdependency risk and ensure alignment well in advance of the production process
• Proactively seek to grow the business by uncovering and assessing client challenges and translating into opportunities to deliver solutions
• Participate in and lead the development and delivery of innovative proposals to develop account growth and new business opportunities
We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day. We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal. We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, Cactus Club, KPMG, and Bulletproof.
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity and for your interest in Major Tom! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications, we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Application Link: https://www.majortom.com/careers/#careers-to