Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. With headquarters in Vancouver, Toronto, and New York, you can find us on Zoom during either Pacific or Eastern Daylight Time.
Some clients we’ve enjoyed working with include PepsiCo, NYU, Maison Birks, Red Bull, W Hotel Toronto, Giants of Africa and The Mark Anthony Group.
Who We Are:
We’re a group of people who create work we’re proud of for folks we believe in. Our team is made up of industry specialists covering the spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative.
We all share a belief that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and a positive attitude to our team every single day. An informal — yet professional — group, we truly care about one another and you can bet that we’ll care about you, too. For more on our culture, check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re on the hunt for an experienced and curious Digital Marketing Analyst to join our team. The Digital Marketing Analyst is a key role on the Digital & Analytics team and is responsible for designing reports and DataStudio dashboards, developing and maintaining Google Tag Manager tags as well as Google Analytics properties, performing web analytics audits, and assisting in the development and execution of data-driven marketing strategies! Reporting to our Director of Digital & Analytics, the Digital Marketing Analyst will be tasked with ensuring that all deliverables are presented on time and meet client objectives.
The Digital Marketing Analyst that we’re looking for is energized by data (no, really), loves solving puzzles, and enjoys not only interpreting and organizing information, but is also driven to find ways to efficiently and effectively use data to help clients gain business intelligence. We’re looking for someone who will take ownership of complex analytics projects, shows initiative, someone who values collaboration and is a strong communicator with excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Set up and manage website tracking through Google Tag Manager
- Set up and manage client reports and dashboards through platforms such as DataStudio, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc
- Implement conversion tracking for various ad platforms (eg. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Reddit)
- Support peers with client performance- and data-related questions (eg. ‘Website traffic volume spiked suddenly 7 days ago and we’re not sure why?’)
- Work with various teams to develop data-collection & presentation strategies for new and existing clients
- Communicate regularly with account strategists and work with them to identify additional service opportunities
- Work with account strategists to analyze their clients’ performance data and provide recommendations based on those findings
- Support with data-collection best practices, and such tasks as cross-domain tracking, Google Enhanced Ecommerce tracking, lead-generation tracking, etc.
- Provide analyses of large data sets, leveraging various data sources such as Supermetrics, Google Analytics and others
- Occasionally provide strategic guidance or training to account managers as it pertains to interpreting and creating complex reports and analyzing client performance data
- 2~5 years working in digital marketing, with a focus on performance analytics at an agency, or similar in-house role, or combination
- Similar experience with digital advertising/media planning also a very strong asset
- Genuine excitement and curiosity for digital marketing and performance analytics
- Able to understand and interpret data using Google Analytics and similar reporting tools
- Able to demonstrate how digital advertising tactics and campaigns contribute to broader marketing strategies and client performance
- Data-related platform knowledge:
- Google Analytics (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Google Analytics 4 (Beginner to Intermediate)
- Google Tag Manager (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Google Data Studio (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Google Sheets (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Supermetrics (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Digital Advertising platform knowledge:
- Google Ads (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Facebook Ads (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Bing Ads, Reddit Ads, etc. (Beginner to Intermediate)
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable speaking in client/project group meetings
- Able to take ownership of complex projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to maintain job performance and a positive attitude in a growing and changing organization
What We’re Looking For:
Not deal-breakers, but assets:
- Advanced knowledge of Google Sheets formulae is a strong asset
- Regular expression (Regex) knowledge a very strong asset, but not critical
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best-practices
- Knowledge of conversion rate optimization (CRO) best-practices
Some of the Benefits & Perks You’ll Get:
- Paid time off and bonus time off during the holiday season to spend time with your loved ones without thinking about work
- Flexible working hours and work-from-home options. You know how and when you work best, and we trust you to do it
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including a healthcare spending account and employee assistance program, so you can take care of yourself and your family
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and support in your professional development because we want to help you achieve your goals
- A wellness program including weekly meditation so you can take care of your mind
- Regular Lunch and Learns covering a vast array of topics all designed to keep you informed on the industry and our agency
- Access to internal committees. These committees ensure that everyone within our agency has the opportunity to learn about the different facets of our organization. Are you a project manager fascinated by work in the creative department? No problem, sign up and see how it’s done
Job Application Link: https://major-tom.breezy.hr/p/40417d01228d-digital-marketing-analyst?source=DAN
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.