Digital Art Director
Ready Set Rocket is looking for a Digital Art Director to join their team in New York.
Employer: Ready Set Rocket
Location: New York / USA
Position: Digital Art Director
Ready Set Rocket is looking for a hands-on designer of large-scale platform sites, responsive web, digital and 360 creative. Our new digital Art Director (5+ years of experience) is someone who has a strong UI & UX backbone and can present their dynamic work as an experienced conceptual designer and lead art director.
This role is all about an outstanding portfolio – show us your best work if you like what you read here!
Our Art Directors are a driving force behind our creative work and have a hands-on role in every phase of a project—from contributing to creative strategy and defining a creative vision, to executing and presenting work, consulting with clients, and working with designers and other creative team members to see a vision through to launch.
Reporting to a Creative Director, Art Directors will find themselves on any given day working on an immersive microsite, major website redesign, a killer app, brand strategy, content art direction, or a 360 or social campaign. This position offers a ton of opportunity for growth and high-level work across a variety of top-notch clients in spirits, finance, sports, entertainment, cultural institutions, and more while working with a brilliant, close-knit team in a fast, highly-collaborative (and highly dog-friendly) environment.
To take on these challenges, we’re looking for a curious, flexible hybrid creative who knows how to translate strategy into compelling big ideas and award-worthy execution. Somebody who knows how to have fun while taking responsibility to deliver consistently high-level work. Who knows that good ideas come from everywhere and that the best work comes from a team, not individuals.
If that sounds like your kind of jam, let’s talk. It’s all about your portfolio. We will review and be in touch if we love it.
Your day-to-day will include::
• Starting from a strategic brief, create stunning conceptual designs that define a creative vision for the project
• Working with designers to guide projects from vision to launch
• Executing design comps, storyboards, initial graphic concepts, and final deliverables
• Contributing to pitch opportunities with big ideas and a storytelling approach to presentations
• Working with people across disciplines, including developers, writers, photographers, animators, strategists, marketers, and account managers
• Inspiring yourself and other team members to constantly create award-winning work
• Staying on top of creative and industry trends to always bring fresh ideas to the table
• Leading creative-focused meetings with clients as needed by the Creative Director
• Contributing to creative strategy sessions by providing big ideas for campaigns or creative insights about the brand’s audience
Our ideal candidate will have:
• A drive to create award-worthy design work across a variety of clients and digital channels
• An insatiable sense of curiosity, open mind, and sense of humor
• An impeccable taste level, eye for typography, and detail-oriented approach to design
• A great attitude and love of collaboration to solve creative problems
• The ability to articulate concepts and communicate effectively, both with teammates and clients
• A strong body of work in both interactive and conceptual design, with an emphasis on quality user-centered web and digital products
• A desire to grow and mentor younger designers in their growth as well
• Experience planning and setting direction for photo or video shoots – a plus
• Mastery of core Adobe Creative Suite products and an interest in learning new software tools
• Experience with Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision – a plus
• A solid understanding of how design comps translate to responsive web and code, and general limitations of internet technologies
• 5+ years working in the industry
• Previous experience in a Senior Designer or Art Director role
Who We Are:
***Winner for Best Agency Culture, Ad Age Small Agency Awards 2018***
Ready Set Rocket is an integrated agency committed to connecting brands and consumers through innovative multi-channel experiences. You can find our offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We are a team of expert makers who collaborate closely and effectively to solve our client’s challenges. And it doesn’t stop there. We are relentless relationship builders, technological innovators and brand enthusiasts who continuously strive to improve and enhance our products and offerings to better serve our partners.
Job Application Link: https://readysetrocket.com/careers
RSR makes smart look beautiful. Driven by powerful data analysis, they create connected experiences that transform human behavior into user interaction.
636 Broadway Suite 1200 New York, NY 10012