Y Media Labs is looking for a Design Lead to join their office in San Francisco.
Employer: Y Media Labs
Location: San Francisco / USA
Position: Design Lead
Y Media Labs is a creative technology company that helps brands re-imagine their customer experiences. We create digital products with purpose that have lasting impact on users’ lives and clients’ businesses.
Through next generation technologies and world-class design, we help brands like Apple, PayPal, L’Oreal, Home Depot, and Staples develop solutions that drive major business outcomes. Founded in 2009, Y Media Labs is headquartered in Silicon Valley with four offices worldwide including Atlanta, Indianapolis & Bangalore.
We came of age with the invention of the app store. We have mobile in our DNA. We create solutions across the digital ecosystem. But we approach these problems from our mobile roots. Unlike agencies who are born desktop, we are deeply connected to how consumer perception has shifted thanks to the mobile lifestyle.
We have delighted over 407 million users, built over 200+ apps, partnered with 28 Fortune 500 companies, been responsible for over $60 billion in mobile transactions and been featured on the app store over 700+ times!
Portfolio of of our work can be found @ ymedialabs.com/work
Live look into our engineering team @ medium.com/ymedialabs-innovation
Live look into our design team @ dribbble.com/ymedialabs
As a Design Lead, you will work in collaboration with a Creative Director to create products and experiences that delight our clients and their customers. A combination of leadership, management and hands-on design, you possess outstanding strategic expertise and digital product design skills. You will help lead a multi-discipline creative team, delivering outstanding results for a single, large sized product, or a number of small to medium sized products. As a design leader at YML, you will help facilitate the design process, tools and learning opportunities that designers need to create products and experiences that have lasting impact.
This role is key to shaping the vision for a product or service and seeing it through to its completion. We are what we make, and your design leadership and “can do” attitude will be critical to our ongoing success.
This position reports to a Creative Director.
• Lead a multi-discipline team to identify user needs and define product strategy
• Develop the vision for a single, large product/experience or multiple small to medium ones
• Get hands-on, creating exceptional presentations and designs when it’s required
• Present a product/experience vision to internal stakeholders and clients
• Lead a design team to turn vision into outstanding designs and prototypes
• Oversee the project process to ensure a high quality output at every phase
• Play an active role in developing best-in-class product design practices
• Manage and mentor designers to reach their maximum potential and do their best work
• Exceptional — you bring a unique perspective, fresh product ideas and work-class design
• Empathic — you are a champion of human centered design and an advocate for the user
• Multi-practice — you can lead UX, iX, visual, and copywriting toward a common product vision
• Reliable — you always keep your promises to the team and you lead by example
• Collaborative — you are a team player who is proactive about soliciting and giving feedback
• Communicator — you clearly articulate ideas and designs; written, visually and presenting
• An outstanding portfolio of distinctive digital product/experience designs
• Experience managing design teams at a top-tier product company or digital agency
• Mastery of contemporary design best practices, tools and methodologies
P.S. We are always on the lookout for passionate and hard working individuals to join our talented team, so if you have any friends whom might be interested, please refer to www.ymedialabs.com/careers for more details.
Job Application Link: https://ymedialabs.com/role?gh_jid=258042