Momentum Design Lab is looking for a Delivery Lead to join their office in New York.
Employer: Momentum Design Lab
Location: New York / USA
Position: Delivery Lead
Momentum is a 15-year-old and close-knit team of product designers based in the New York, Silicon Valley, and London. Our team is founded and managed by UI/UX Designers for the past 15 years. We have been designing and building solutions for web, mobile, automobile, TV, blockchain, consumer electronics and other “Internet of Things” devices.
Our global customers span names like Anthem, LiveNation, Verifone, Velcro, and other Fortune 500 companies; as well as early to late-stage startups like Conductor, Socialcode, Synthesio and Tzero. We value a collaborative and family-friendly work environment.
As a Momentum Design Lab Delivery Lead / Senior Project Manager, you’ll ensure the work we produce is effective and intelligent while working with a team of software product designers and developers.
You will be responsible for the on-time-on-budget delivery of our projects using an Agile approach. You’ll collaborate closely with clients throughout the entire lifecycle of the project. To succeed, you’ll need to have an eye for details and keep an eye on the big picture.
This role is based in Financial District in Manhattan.
The Delivery Lead / Project Manager will drive the delivery of Momentum’s software design and development projects according to the agreed upon scope, time and budget — all while ensuring the highest degree of customer satisfaction. You will gain exposure to different industries and businesses and play a key role in enabling the success of customer engagements.
The Delivery Lead is a key player in managing, tracking and communicating the progress and execution of projects through their entire lifecycle. From kickoff through completion, you will be responsible for planning customer engagements, defining the project scope and business requirements with stakeholders, managing the execution of deliverables while controlling scope, conducting the daily SCRUMs and ensuring timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks.
You will manage multiple concurrent projects and work with designers and developers. You will contribute to the success of the clients’ products by actively engaging in the mandates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Construct a high level plan based on the proposal & SOW
• Manage complex engagements from kickoff to final delivery (e.g. resourcing, internal/client kick off, status calls & meetings, deliverables, backlog, reports, reviews/iteration sessions, co-creation workshops, delivery meetings, etc.)
• Define the project scope and business requirements/user stories with the customer’s stakeholders
• Employ creative thinking and analytical capabilities to build customer experience and user experience solutions on a strategic level for the customer
• At the beginning of each sprint will identify the sprint goals, user stories, and tasks with product owners
• Conduct the daily stand-ups and ensure timely resolution of discrepancies and project roadblocks
• Based on project scope or complexity, we either use a simple tool such as a tracking sheet, or a more comprehensive issue tracking tool, such as Jira, to maintain communication and tracking. We have a set of rules governing the issue creation process. We aim to have an appropriate level of task granularity, without going to excessive planning.
• 4 – 6+ years experience managing projects and strong knowledge of the key components of Agile project management (e.g., scope, time, cost, quality, resources, communication, risk, etc.) and associated tools, best practices and methodologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent customer management skills and the ability to work with customers to develop and manage project plans
• Proven organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong knowledge of software design/development processes and technologies, particularly agile methodologies and tools such as Pivotal, Jira, etc.
• Self-starter, ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A sense of humor and tenacity
• Recent project delivery experience relevant to software UX design and development is preferred
• World class benefits such as all types of insurance coverage (health 80% covered by us, dental, vision, legal, AD&D, disability, life, pet), FSA, EAP, commuter benefits, discounted shopping and more!
• Core Contribution—Small team means big impact. Every team member’s contribution has a tremendous impact on the project and our clients
• Autonomy—Our staff own their work and you will have autonomy over how to get it done
• Project Diversity—In a months span you may work on the next mobile social network, internet of things product, ad platform or financial services product
• Occasional travel to clients from around the world, we often conduct our project kick-offs on-site
• Kegerator and a kitchen full of snacks
Job Application Link: https://momentumdesignlab.com/careers/
Innovative. User Focused. Momentum specializes in human-centric, customer experiences from digital product innovation to transformative business processes.
200 Broadway, New York, NY 10038