Creative Project Manager
Skidmore Studio is looking for a Creative Project Manager to join their team in Detroit.
Position: Creative Project Manager
Posted: 17 August 2021
Here at Skidmore, our project managers are our secret weapons. In fact, we don’t even call them project managers — we call them Producers. As Producers, they’re active facilitators of our creative process and projects. They keep us on-task and sane, ensuring projects are organized and flow effectively and efficiently through the studio. Their work is the reason we’re humming along happily and delivering extraordinary creative to our clients every time.
The role of Producer requires a healthy dose of organization, discipline, and diplomacy. You’ll need to be a deft task-juggler, extemporary communicator, and tenacious problem solver. You’ll need to be comfortable behind the scenes and in front of clients – acting as the “glue” between teams and disciplines both internal and external. You’ll shepherd all kinds of projects from kickoff through final delivery. Most importantly, you’re an expert collaborator with the account and creative teams, always contributing to a positive studio environment.
While our team is currently working remotely, this role is full-time and eventually based out of our studio space in Detroit. We’re a close-knit, thoughtful team and excited to add a new member to our ranks.
Skidmore Studio is a strategic creative studio located in the heart of downtown Detroit. Founded as an illustration shop in 1959, the studio helps consumer-facing organizations grow through expert branding and design. Our team of writers, strategists, and designers craft brands that get today’s consumers excited about products on shelves, online, and in their everyday lives.
We help organizations grow through expert brand strategy and design. Our approach is thoughtful, collaborative, and rooted in real business goals. Every member of the Skidmore team is expected to continuously strive to fulfill the Studio’s core purpose and uphold our core values:
To help good organizations and good people grow.
• Be creative – In all things we do
• Challenge – Ourselves, our clients, and each other
• Team – Work together. Be humble. Extend grace
• Enjoy – Share positive energy and gratitude
• Integrity – Do the right thing
• Communication – Speak openly and candidly
• Details. Details. Details.
• 2-5 years of relevant experience in a creative agency/studio environment
• Efficient use of internal & external creative resources
• Development and successful management of project plans
• Quality and details
• Project communication hub
• Studio advocate
What You’ll Do:
• Own day-to-day project activities, details, and deliverables for multiple projects and multiple clients simultaneously
• Work with directors to create detailed project plans that meet the needs of the creative process as well as get work done on time and on budget
• Support the creative team by gathering all project details and requirements before they are scheduled to start their work
• Respond to client requests and communicate client needs to the team, keeping both parties informed
• Keep projects on track by setting up internal and client meetings as early as possible
• Establish effective communication loops with creatives and ensure the creative lead is alerted to workload issues
• Manage project plans by reviewing project progress and time assignments daily, adjusting resources and timing when needed and meeting established project milestones
• Work in tandem with Account Leads to keep our clients on-schedule with reviews, feedback and approvals
• Own project budgets and timelines, escalating any concerns to the account lead
• Identify out-of-scope work and collaborate with the account lead to resolve
• Maintain and track all project documentation: project schedules, status reports, budgets, timelines, change orders, and internal meeting notes
• Coordinate and manage outside vendors including web development partners, printers, proofreaders, and freelancers
• Ensure quality and accuracy of client deliverables before they leave the studio by reviewing all work against the original request, proofreading and contributing to QA testing on digital projects
• Manage internal resources and work with other producers to ensure creative schedules are full everyday
• Be the center of calm and reassurance on your projects. There is no problem we can’t solve!
• Advocate and champion studio process, quality of work and project profitability
What We’re Looking For:
• Organized, strategic, problem solver with a creative and collaborative mindset
• Comfortable in front of clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Lover of capital-C Creative work; it’s what we do
• Captures and responds to project feedback in ways that value others
• Works to resolve conflict, communicate with clarity, and build community
• Exemplifies good customer service with coworkers and clients
• Consistently lives and upholds studio Core Values
• Desire to remove “not possible” from your vocabulary; substitute with “how might we…”
Skidmore Studio is an equal opportunity employer. Those underrepresented in the creative community are encouraged to apply.
Paid time off: Paid vacation days, 13 paid holidays per calendar year, and unlimited paid sick/personal time
Medical Coverage: The Studio pays a portion of the premium for both employees and eligible family members
Dental Coverage: 100% Studio paid
Vision Coverage: 100% Studio paid
401K Plan: Sponsored 401k retirement savings plan which includes an employer match.
Wellness Reimbursement: Monthly wellness stipend
Paid Parking: All full-time employees working on-site at the Studio will receive access to free parking
Wireless Communication Stipend: Stipend for personal cell phone and home internet expenses during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Job Application Link: https://apply.workable.com/skidmore-studio/