Cyber-Duck is looking for a Creative Director to join their office in London.
Location: London / UK
Position: Creative Director
We are looking for a Creative Director to join our friendly and talented team on a permanent basis.
You will be joining an established team of creatives, including UX designers, visual designers and branding designers. Our design team are looking for a new leader to help coach, empower, manage and support them across our client, internal and R&D projects.
As a pivotal creative leader within our agency, you’ll be spearheading and owning our entire creative output. You’ll work across a wide range of industries, and a diverse range of clients — each with interesting challenges.
Ultimately, you’ll be a champion for good design, advocating for best practices and high standards, and setting the right structures, models, and processes that make good design happen.
We value people from all backgrounds and provide a relaxed, creative and supportive environment to enable you to do your best work.
Where is it based?:
Our team is split across four primary offices as well as several remote workers. You will be primarily based in our Farringdon, London office and our Elstree head office. Leading a creative team that is split across multiple offices, you will need to be comfortable working in this environment/culture.
What you will do:
• Set the standards for our creative and UX work
• Lead the creation of an academy for teaching UX and design skills
• Support the team day-to-day; reviewing work, advising on decisions and constructively influencing the team’s output
• Facilitate and nurture a collaborative design team, including identifying training needs and seeking opportunities for knowledge sharing across the team
• Create big ideas, taking from concept through to a strategy and then into delivery with the team’s support
• Oversee large-scale design projects, as well as getting hands-on when needed, from strategy and UX through to visual and branding
• Bridge the gap between the design team and the board of directors. Reporting on client progress, achievements, news and pressure points
• Work closely with the other team leaders, project managers and new business teams to maintain a great collaboration and working environment with the design team
• Continually develop and improve a framework (models, structures and processes) that enables good design
• Identify skills or resourcing gaps and support the recruitment process
What are we looking for?:
We’re looking for applicants with skills and experience in the following areas.
Required Skills and Experince:
• Be an expert in UX, Visual and Branding that can demonstrate, teach and lead the team on best practices, particularly for the web and mobile
• Excellent management and organisational skills, with previous experience managing creative/design teams
• Emotionally intelligent with a natural ability to coach, mentor and manage our creative experts
• Extensive client-facing experience with outstanding presentation skills, who can run workshops, coordinate meetings and maintain our client relationships
• Passion for keeping up-to-date with tools, trends, techniques and keeping a pulse on our industry
• Strong written and communication skills
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• A design or research related degree
• Experience speaking about design at conferences or meetups
• Experience using Axure
• Experience using Sketch
• Experience using Adobe CS
• Experience using Keynote
• Understanding of HTML/CSS
What are the benefits?:
• A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
• Family-friendly and flexible working hours and the ability to work remotely from time to time
• 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays), along with 1 extra day for every year of service
• Pension contributions
• Private health insurance package
• Life insurance
• Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
• Support to grow in areas you’re interested in, whether it’s becoming a public speaker, or creating your own side-projects
• A laptop and a mobile phone
• EMI share option scheme
• A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people
• As well as these universal benefits, we have a generous pot of flexible benefits that you can pick and choose from:
• Gym membership
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Car leasing scheme
• Medical insurance upgrades
• Additional pension contributions
• Additional holidays
• Mental health and wellbeing support
• Discounts on everything from shopping to cinema
• Access to independent financial advice
Oh, and our coffee’s pretty good too
Sound good? How to apply…
Simply send us a short email to [email protected], telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role and a link to your CV and your portfolio if you have one
What are the next steps?
• We’ll aim to respond to you within 1 week of contact
• The interview process starts with an informal phone call, before a more formal interview process
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Application Link: https://www.cyber-duck.co.uk/our-culture/careers/creative-director