Yellow Pages is looking for a Copywriting Specialist to join their team. (Remote)
Copywriting Specialists at Yellow Pages are responsible for creating bespoke website content for small and medium businesses across Canada, using information gathered by our salespeople and/or customer-facing team of website experts as well as through their own research of target industries. You will transform raw concepts into informative and engaging copy, highlight and elevate key components of a business, take important decisions on the structure and flow of the site, apply best SEO practices to help our clients be found on search engines while also ensuring that the copy published is conducive to lead creation.
As a Copywriting Specialist, you will also be called upon to improve existing copy or make changes on websites that have already been published.
About Yellow Pages:
We’ve been in the game since 1908 and we continue to transform to offer our 125 000 clients the best possible products and services. We foster business relationships between Canadian small-to-medium businesses and their prospective customers. We do this by providing tailored, locally-relevant digital media and marketing solutions designed with both in mind. Over 76% of our revenue is generated by digital solutions.
What do you need to be a Copywriting Specialist at Yellow Pages?
- College or CEGEP diploma in creative writing, English, journalism, editing, or communication or a comparable amount of experience in a professional setting
- 1-2 years of experience in content creation and digital marketing
- Strong communication skills – written and spoken – in English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Nice to have:
- A way with words
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient research techniques
- The ability to work well within a team
- A focus on the customer and the end user
- Creativity and an ease in bringing up new ideas
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Superior handle on grammatical rules and spelling
- An ease adapting to different voices, tones, and styles of writing
- Discipline and an ability to be productive when working independently
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- A positive attitude and the ability to welcome and accept critiques and art direction
Considered as assets:
- Familiar with Wix
- Comfortable with SEO best practices
- Experienced in writing website content
- Used to writing in the Canadian Press Style
- Passionate about small businesses and had a strong sense of community
- Previously employed in an environment where productivity is measured
- The embodiment of Yellow Pages’ values: Collaboration, Creativity, Passion, Respect
Job Application Link: https://bit.ly/3KMxnCV
Yellow Pages Limited
Yellow Pages is a digital media and marketing solutions leader. We connect people and businesses in neighborhoods across Canada through our digital properties & services.
Our member agencies are always looking for the best candidates to hire.