Deutsch is looking for a Content Strategist to join their office in New York.
Location: New York / USA
Position: Content Strategist
We’re Deutsch and we’re here to build the neverbefore.
The neverbefore is what we’re building for each and every client, project and challenge. It’s the big idea we haven’t thought of yet. It’s what writers want to write, coders want to code, and makers want to make. Yeah, the neverbefore is something we made up but it’s also incredibly real. The neverbefore catapults businesses, takes the competition by surprise, and racks up results. When you work with us, you’ll feel it, explore it, help design and build it. Let’s build the neverbefore.
You’re a senior content designer, UX writer or content strategist. You might also go by the name of information architect, UX designer, information designer, technical writer, or editor. You wear many hats. You’re OK with that.
You have an eye for good design and an ear for good writing. You not only have written great content, you understand the technology that powers and distributes it and you have a vision for how an effective content team should be structured. You’re ambitious and passionate about what you do and you always put the user’s needs first.
What You’d Do:
• Cultivate and advance the editorial vision for one of our largest clients, a Fortune 500 financial institution
• Responsible for the oversight and management of our ongoing content publishing
• Establish strong editorial perspectives and tones across various lines of business
• Deep dive into analytics to figure out what made a piece of content so “sticky”
• Brief, lead and facilitate teams in the development of content that align with the brand vision, the target audience, and the client’s business objectives
• Lead or facilitate teams through the briefing process with creative teams
• Brief, Lead or facilitate teams through the articulation of consumer and behavioural insights in partnership with our data and media teams; researching to craft action or content plans focused on getting results
• Serve as a central knowledge point for our agency and clients understanding of content marketing and editorial
• Be an active partner with our agency’s analytics and media team to monitor the progress of digital campaigns and establish accurate benchmarking and critical metrics
• Lead the collaboration process between the digital strategy, account, and planning departments — working as a cohesive unit to set a new bar for the work going out of the agency
• Idea architecture: Collaborate with creative, digital production and UX team members to write and present idea platforms and overall communication plans as needed
• Be an active leader with a point of view on the standard methodologies for content marketing
• Be a vocal participant in financial aspects of the account including: budget, staffing, projections, etc.
• Establish relationships with client contacts at all levels to be the voice of the agency in presenting and selling a creative strategy
What You’ve Got:
• Individuals who have a strong perspective, entrepreneurial spirit, and a knack for problem solving will thrive in this role.
• Attested ability to switch between high-level thinking and detailed content planning
• A firm understanding of user experience and strong search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) skills and social media
• 5-7 years in relevant work experience, including at least 4 years immersed within the content strategy or editorial space
• Strong relationship management skills, and ability to work as a strategic advisor to partners within the organization
• Attested ability to be an actively creative thinker and problem solver
• Attested ability to compellingly communicate a brand’s story paired with a design sensibility to envision how content will be presented or distributed
in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attested experience leading on content, editorial, or other strategic efforts end-to-end
• Attested ability to craft strong social and content strategies independently, or effectively leading a team to do so
• Deep experience developing performance metrics, and working with analytics teams to ensure that campaign goals are being met, and that social/digital activities were effective
• Conversant in current consumer behaviors and relevant industry trends
• Ability to craft and deliver strong presentations
• Interest and excitement in the consumer financial space a plus, but not required
What We’ve got (that you can’t find out on the internet):
• We’re nice people. Seriously. Some of the most ego-less and collaborative people you’ll find in this business
• We’re evolving fast. Sure, every agency will claim that, but we’re surfing a wave of new biz wins, new ways of working and new Deutschers that prove it. Hopefully you’ll be one of them
• We take our work seriously but believe weekends, vacations and thinking space outside the office make you better at your job, not worse
• We have a big jar of free peanuts near our entryway and no one knows how it stays full
Education: BA/BS Marketing, Communications, or other related field
Deutsch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Application Link: http://www.deutsch.com/careers/opening/x13XZM