Business Development Manager
9thWonder is looking for a Business Development Manager to join their team in Dallas.
Position: Business Development Manager
Posted: 24 December 2020
9thWonder is looking for a Business Development Manager. The Business Development Manager is instrumental in the development and implementation of gathering and analyzing information for new business pitches, oversight of the internal team process and development for RFIs, RFPs, and pitch meetings, the development of prospect list and follow-up of those lists, identification of categories we want to go after and newsworthy happenings in the category and oversight and hands on development of promotional materials and communications.
• Plan, organize, manage, activate and control the day-to-day process within the New Business participants. Act as a Project Manager/Account person for all tasks related to new business
• Assist in developing a contact strategy to aggressively stay on the radar of new business prospects, including the creation and updating of a company “wish list” to be contacted periodically. Also follow these companies’ activities in order to know when there’s any chance of business opportunity
• Participate in new business meetings with prospects. Prepare materials and presentations for new business meetings and for clients’ presentations when required
• Assist in the elaboration of new business proposals and contract for clients following up until contract is signed
• Manage new business research tools that give access to information from thousands of companies in real time, i.e. Winmo
• Be first line of attack for RFI and RFP response completion and identify where new information is needed
• Assist in the development of annual strategic new business communications/advertising plans
• Assist the CGO in briefing and guiding the creative department for all new business and agency related projects
• Ensure that the agency’s brand image is properly reflected and consistent in all business development communications and touchpoints (i.e. emails, agency’s website, PR, etc.)
• Constantly create, update and distribute new agency materials to sell and position the agency at the highest possible level
• Create new ideas for promotional materials in order to elevate agency’s brand awareness
• Work very closely with the PR team that represents the agency and assist the CGO in providing the PR team relevant information to get the 9thWonder brand out in the public eye and grab the national spotlight
• Assist the CGO in staying in permanent contact with all major national consultants on a regular basis via e-mail, phone calls and face-to-face meetings. The purpose of this is to form critical relationships with influencers who drive consideration in new business pitches
• Manage and update the Senior Leadership Team on updates and opportunities and who is available to work on it
• Identify and manage submission of entries to select and relevant marketing awards based on “results” and categories of interest to the agency
• Be the conduit for the development of new result focused case studies
• Assist the CGO in all administrative areas, including meeting and team scheduling, travel arrangements, calendar management, etc.
• Create/update a weekly status report in order to share information with the core management team and track progress in the New Business efforts
• Manage historical RFPs and responses on a shared drive
• Maintain contact with internal Account Management and team members as to find stories we want to publicize or feature in pitches/responses
• Participate in/attend internal training programs when offered
• Update and manage the lead management software programs and lead funnel
• Manage incoming leads to the new business email address to either a) respond to it, b) tee up the right team member, including the CGO, to respond
• Monitor and report competitive actions and/or initiatives of other agencies or brands that may make a change that identify opportunity to contact
• Monitor production timetables related to new business and agency materials
• Assure that proprietary and other sensitive information is handled with utmost confidentiality
• Other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of new business/project management/account leadership experience
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• High importance of confidentiality
• Shown ability to establish relationships with client and grow business organically with capability to present at the most senior levels of an organization.
• Excellent negotiation skills, consistent record of successfully pitching for new business.
• Experience working with executive-level leadership.
• Self-motivated and highly goal-oriented to achieve ambitious targets.
• History of success innovating, leading, and managing the execution of projects.
• Superior project management and process improvement skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
• Excellent at managing time and prioritizing work
The Legal Stuff:
9thWonder offers a fun and rewarding environment, where every associate is valued. That’s not just a legal HR statement, we appreciate all members of the team and thrive to craft a culture where the best idea is boss. While we thank you in advance for your interest, please know we will only respond to those whose experience and skills most closely match the requirements of the position. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Application Link: https://www.9thwonder.com/about/careers/open-positions#!/search?page=1