Business Development Executive
Hallam is looking for a Business Development Executive to join their team in Nottingham.
Position: Business Development Executive
Posted: 24 February 2021
Hallam is an agency going places. Having been recognised as the leading digital agency in the UK, as demonstrated by winning the European Search Awards and The Drum Grand Prix Award, we are now setting our sights even higher. With our team of experts, we want to become a European force in strategic digital marketing. As such, we are looking for the best to join our team on this journey.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated executive to support our team with our strategic sales process. This role is pivotal as you will be the first person that potential clients meet, so this role requires exceptional communication and consultative skills.
This role would suit someone who is looking to progress their career in the business world. You’ll work closely with the Hallam team of experts, business commercials and support in pitch and proposal creation. Progression is inevitable for the right person.
• Communicating with potential clients and transcribing their requirements into a coherent brief
• Owning our sales process – organising teams, briefing teams and presentation/proposal/RFP creation
• Proactively making new business sales calls to our marketing qualified leads
• Gathering and challenging scope and team estimations, working within client budgets and balancing agency profitability
• Managing the sales funnel through our CRM and reporting on expected revenue
• Liaising with the Finance, Legal and Client Services teams to prepare client contracts
• Working closely with Project Managers forecasting potential client work
• Working with the Client Services team and acting as the expert for potential work coming into the agency
• Supporting marketing with outbound activity and account-based marketing
This is not a cold-calling sales role. You will be working with in-bound client opportunities and only talking to potential clients who are interested in what we do.
It would also be nice to have someone with experience or an interest in expanding their Email Marketing knowledge, but this isn’t essential.
We are a fast-paced agency and this role will not be any different! You will be working reporting to the Client Services Director and work closely both with him and the rest of the Client Services team. You will need to be prepared to keep many plates spinning at any given time. One minute you could be working with Marketing, the next you could be briefing our directors on the next exciting pitch! This is a critical role within our agency.
Who would this role suit?
• A marketeer that wants to move into a business and commercial role or a salesperson that would like more of a commercial role
• Someone that wants to be exposed to how a successful business functions
• A person that is extremely ambitious and wants to progress quickly
• An articulate professional who works well in a team, where the team is more important than the individual
Skills and qualifications:
• A passion for digital marketing and experience in digital marketing would be beneficial
• Exceptional communication skills – consultative and confident with marketers, business owners and C-suite
• Strong presentation skills, with clear, articulate messaging
• Fantastic writing skills for engaging and informative presentations and proposal
• Strong organisational and task management skills
• A passion for forecasting, commercials and reporting
• A complete self-starter who is also comfortable learning with reduced support
• A degree and/or further education is preferable, but not essential
Salary expectation – £25-30k DOE
We’re committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, we highly encourage applicants from BAME and LGBTQ+ communities. Being an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, colour, gender, or disability.
Job Application Link: https://www.hallaminternet.com/about-us/careers/