Business Development Coordinator
Major Tom is looking for a Business Development Coordinator to join their team in Toronto.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Toronto / Canada
Position: Business Development Coordinator
Major Tom is recruiting a Business Development Coordinator to join our growing team! As our Business Development Coordinator, you’ll be an integral business partner within the Sales Team and provide essential support through being the gatekeeper by prequalifying and assigning all inbound leads, performing client research, completing RFPs, pitch decks, and proposals. This is a role where you will have direct client interaction as the role is responsible for supporting business development in Eastern and Western Canada.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone whose future career goals may be to move into an Account Executive or Account Manager position, who has an interest in digital marketing, enjoys data, details, and speaking to clients and prospects.
What it’s Like to Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients. We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heroes bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day. We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Pre-qualification of inbound leads over the phone, speaking with senior marketing professionals and business owners. This includes asking discovery questions to understand clients’ business goals, budget, and level of digital knowledge. There is no cold calling as part of this role!
• Perform lead management and assignment in HubSpot including entering detailed notes in HubSpot CRM and following up with an automated survey, credentials deck in Google slides, or introduction to Account Executives and scheduling appointments with them
• Supporting our VP of Business Development with day to day administration, creating proposals, meeting coordination and sending client contracts for digital signature.Responding to inbound leads from the Major Tom website via HubSpot, utilize email marketing sequences and snippets and responding to live chat requests on the website
• Research and select opportunities from websites that host public RFPs (request for proposals) and create outlines in Google Docs for Account Executives to collaborate on
More About What We’re Looking For:
• 1-2 years of previous B2B sales experience, preferably in a digital or performance marketing agency
• Post-secondary education in business, marketing, or sales
• Strong customer orientation and confident with direct client interaction
• Experience in using CRM applications (HubSpot, Salesforce, or other)
• Enjoys data and reports, and has an eye for details
• Excellent communication skills, both written and over the phone
• Highly motivated, energetic, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Strong time management, follow-up, and organizational skills
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity and for your interest in Major Tom! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Application Link: https://www.majortom.com/careers/#careers-to