Brand / UI Designer
Major Tom is looking for a Brand / UI Designer in Vancouver.
Employer: Major Tom
Location: Vancouver / Canada
Position: Brand / UI Designer
What We’re Looking For:
We are on the hunt for a Designer with at least 3-5 years of experience and proven skills making beautiful digital things. Ideally, you’re a multi-disciplinary creative, and can bring to the table a range of different abilities – primarily, we’re looking for someone who loves creating brands from scratch, repositioning them, developing campaign concepts and creative, as well as having supplementary skills in UI Design.
As a member of our Creative team, you’ll work closely with a variety of people across the agency, from Account Managers, to developers, to members of the UX/UI team to create compelling solutions for our clients’ challenges. You’re the type to be proud of your work, convincing in selling it to clients, but hungry for collaboration internally to produce the best outcome possible.
What it’s Like to Work With Us:
Major Tom is the next iteration of digital marketing — a full-service agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape. We’ve been serving our partners from our offices in New York, Toronto, and Vancouver since 2000.
We are a team of industry-leading specialists hand-picked from across the globe covering the full spectrum of strategy, marketing, development, and creative. Made up of some of the brightest minds on the web, we humanize modern marketing, cutting through the noise to bring clarity to our clients. We’re committed to teamwork and leveraging the unique knowledge of every individual. We believe that passion and accountability are critical to delivering exceptional work. Our biggest heros bring humility, an open mind, and laughter to our team every single day.
We’re an informal, yet professional group that truly cares about one another, and our culture is probably articulated best on sites such as Glassdoor, Facebook, and Instagram. We highly encourage you to check these out if you want to know the real deal.
We’re fortunate enough to have an enviable roster of international clients that includes NYU, Pirelli, NBC, Orkin, KPMG, and Bulletproof.
More About What We’re Looking For:
• 3 years minimum experience creating compelling brands, interfaces, and creative
• You’ve got a wealth of knowledge with all kinds of design tools, but are an expert with all things Adobe CC, Sketch, and Invision
• Your portfolio is mouth-watering and tells us about your unique way of looking at design
• A functional understanding of frontend development and what you can/cannot do as a designer
• Extensive experience presenting to and collaborating with clients
• Any additional creative skill sets are welcome and interesting
• A clear understanding of UX methodologies and an appreciation for user-centric design
• Knowledge of digital marketing strategies and tactics a bonus
• Experience in traditional mediums a bonus
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Collaborate with Creative, Account and client teams to develop creative strategies for new and existing brands
• Create the accompanying visual identity and graphic elements associated with those brands
• Design user interfaces for a wide-range of websites and platforms
• Lead exploration and ideation workshops internally and with client teams
• Conceptualize new creative and advertising concepts for use across digital mediums
• Produce digital and traditional assets for use in marketing campaigns
• Proactively make strategic recommendations to clients
• Work hand in hand with the business development team to pitch new clients when required
• Be proactive and keep up to date on industry trends and new platforms/channels
Check our careers page, Facebook page, Instagram feed and Twitter blog for a peek into our culture. If you find yourself leaning a bit closer to the screen, you should probably get in touch.
Thanks for taking the time to check out this opportunity! Unfortunately, due to the number of applications, we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are all stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.
Job Application Link: https://majortom.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=100
Major Tom is a full-service digital agency that’s been purpose-built to help organizations thrive in an increasingly complex landscape.
548 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 2L3
+1 (604) 262-9647